1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius MFD Repair (had mine repaired)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PriusFruit, Jun 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. PriusFruit

PriusFruit Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    One or two years ago my MFD stopped working and someone on this forum recommended to check out, AutoBeYours.com, because they do repairs.

I kept putting it off because I thought it was a big job to take off the screen. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was and I just wanted to share that was I really happy with their service!

It's really nice to have the touch screen working again! I even appreciate the rear view camera more now because when I sent in the screen I had to keep turning around to see how much space I had to back up. :ROFLMAO:

Moving Right Along and SFO like this.
  2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What is the current charge with shipping?

3. PriusFruit

PriusFruit Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    With shipping it cost me around $330.

SFO and ColoradoCrow like this.
  4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    If you have no nav system in your generation too there are too many screens out here to be had for $40 or what have you. I have a small shed with several in there they all work fine any of them that I see when I'm out with peeling screens and overlays and all that I don't even bother with those. I don't think I would want to pay $330 to have my existing MFD fixed I would just get a replacement from another car and with the way these things are popping up now in some parts of the United States with light bumper damage and 100,000 miles on them being totaled because they all need batteries and whatever these cars need insurance companies are dropping them like flies You should see these things I go to elderly living facilities where old people live and have their cars and go shopping and all of that you should see the generation 2 sitting in some of these places they're in mint condition. As soon as they go out to the food Lion and turn the corner and somebody taps them in the rear end that car is going straight to LKQ not going to be any fixing none of that because it's a generation too and the old people are driving it after it gets tapped they're probably not going to be driving anymore be happy to send it on to LKQ and they will start writing the special van from the living facility it's exactly what happened to my mom's Camry. Luckily I was right around the corner when that happened to Mom's Camry I got Mom's Camry with a small dent in the back with 93,000 mi and not a scratch on the car and I drove it another 200k for the cost of gas tires and oil

PriusFruit likes this.
  5. PriusFruit

PriusFruit Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That's good to know. I should've asked here again to see what others recommended.

Mine has navigation and I remember when I was looking for a used one online it was more than a couple hundred dollars + the risk of a used one going bad again.