1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius-my opinion- My feelings after 4-5k miles (negative) sorry.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by justaguy, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justaguy

justaguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've never claimed all toyotas were crap. I disagree with toyota withholding information that there were numerous reports of sticky accelerator pedals that caused accidents..They did get fined $16 million because of these unethical non disclosures. And they did the right thing on the Prius by recalling it right away when they found out about the brake problems. All i was saying that you can't call a company reliable, with all these issues , fines, non-disclosures and recalls going on. I do like some other toyota models like the land cruiser. But the prius is just not for me. However, I do like the Prius mpg.

People should be allowed to share their opinions about their experience on their car, including the flaws and issues. So that Toyota can improve on it in the future.

2. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Calling the vehicle that is the whole focus of this forum "A peice of crap" is not respectfully asserting your opinion, its trolling and flamebaiting and you got the response you asked for and deserve.

There are several people here that somehow can post negative viewpoints about the Prius without drawing the same response as you have here...me...cycledrum to name a couple. Its because we talk about our viewpoints without denigrating those who disagree with us. This is how mature adults converse.

Take notes and do all of us a favor...and be Audi 5000!

3. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wanna watch something funny, Audi...the pinnacle of automotive brilliance right? Bobby Unser to the rescue!:

Sound familiar?

4. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's times like this when i wish i had my Bat-Troll Repellent. This troll needs to have daddy, whom I'm sure is a nice guy, buy him an Audi.

5. justaguy

justaguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What can i say? I've never driven any of their cars from 80s or 90's.

But now they're at the same level as BMW as a performance luxury car.

I'd rather be Lexus ES 5000 than Audi 5000. Those cars look classic.

6. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Nothing for you to say, you simply have no idea what you are talking about as you have demonstrated...every opportunity you've been given.

Without the brand prestige, resale value or reputation sure.

Huh? I'm sure this is some sort of attempt to dig at me. Not gonna work, its a car, a car that I like and therefore purchased. It is not an extension of me or a reflection of me in any way whatsoever. Try again.

7. justaguy

justaguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Oh that's wonderful. Brand prestige doesn't really matter to me, its performance that matters. My grandpa drove an ES. I thought it was a reflection of him.

8. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Good for him. Its a great car.

If you think/thought so little of your grandpa that a car he drove defined him to you, I feel sorry for you and him both.

Its just a car, when you become a grownup you'll see that too.

9. justaguy

justaguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not at all.

This article is an interesting read lol.

2010 Lexus ES 350 A car for very old people to drive very slowly. Why does it have more than two gears?

Here's a snapshot review of it

"Not the prettiest of lumpen beetles for those who consider themselves to have normal eyesight, but the driving experience does makes sure that no bowel moments occur, even if you are the 60 year old grand pa who drives the grand children around town."

:D

I have to admit it's a nice senior's car.

10. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    And I care about that link why? Anyways the "South Asian Generation Next, Uniting South Asian Youth with Canada" is certainly a well respected source for objective automotive reviews.

Again...its just a car. I like it and I bought it, what you or anybody else anywhere thinks or says doesn't matter to me. If you're trying to insult me...you'll need to try harder.

11. justaguy

justaguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Stop being so sensitive. It was just an interesting article about the ES. :D

http://www.sagennext.com/2009/12/09...-slowly-why-does-it-have-more-than-two-gears/

12. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Right...sensitive.

Keep trying if you want, but I'll save you some time. Nothing you can say to me is going to upset me or hurt my feelings in any way, especially about a car. You just continue to make a bigger, and bigger fool of yourself lol

This has been fun, but I'm off to bed. Be sure to leave me a gem to get my morning chuckle off of! Tell me my mother wears army boots or something...that'll get me!

13. Colonel Ronson

Colonel Ronson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Alright i think everyone has established that the OP doesn't like his Prius. Oh well. Who cares? Don't like it, go sell it. None of us have these handling issues or shaking above 60mph or all these random mechanical problems you seem to dream up in your head.

and we all sincerely apologize on behalf of Toyota that a standard $22,000 car can't match up in interior quality to a $35,000 Audi Luxury Hi-Performance vehicle with a crappy turbo engine that doesn't even come close to Toyota Engines in terms of reliability. We're sorry that you bought the Cheap Prius II and complained that the interior looks cheap.

No seriously. Don't like the car? WHYD YOU BUY IT? Did you even bother checking it out or did you just buy it on ebay. This thread is so silly. Some moderator needs to close it down, the OP needs to sell his car and move on. then he can go whine to other people.

Oh and for the record, the suspension is the same on the Prius II, III, and IV. The drivetrain is the same on all priuses. And cheap plastic interior? really? What were you expecting? Oak wood? Go buy an Infiniti M37 then.

Here's one thing your Prius has the Audi doesn't: Smart Key. My dad's $160,000 Audi R8 doesn't even have that. The Smart key is the best thing ever, and every car should have it.

14. Goodair

Goodair New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well said!

15. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Whoa! 22 pages in four days?! Is this a new troll record? Congratulations, Justaguy!:D

16. Spenumatsa

Spenumatsa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

17. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Morning Steve, Just gotta say your mama wears army boots.

1 person likes this.
  18. GrGramps

GrGramps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    On 8/28 Justaguy was out for a walk and spotted a monstrous hornet's nest. With a big stick in his hand, he contemplated what would happen if he gave the nest a whack.

Then he realized he could stir up things more easily over at Priuschat without getting stung.

He did.

1 person likes this.
  19. Michaelvickdog123

Michaelvickdog123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Let's put this to rest -

Folks, justaguy does not own a 2010 prius. He may have been in one? He may have looked at one at a dealership? But I'm 100% convinced he does NOT own one, as he originally claimed. He's a fraud. A troll. Fact.

Any, and all Prius owners know about the recall that affected their cars. Yet, in a previous post last night, justaguy said the following (he's since deleted it)...but I caught it last night, before he deleted. He said:

Any legit/real Prius owner, that's had the car for over 6 months (as he claims), is going to know what the recall was all about. They are going to know the difference. He didn't, although he's trying to back-track by saying he "was confused". Baloney. He's been outed as a fraud, plain and simple.

20. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I believe you. Tire, exhaust and gasoline smell on his shirt every time he drives the car is too much of a BS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.