1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius-my opinion- My feelings after 4-5k miles (negative) sorry.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by justaguy, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teeasal

teeasal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You want great mpg, you also want performance and drive the car like you drove your Audi, that is, without taking any advantage of the hybrid drive train to save gas, but instead step on the gas right up to the red lights and brake hard. Then you complaint the Prius' brakes not adequate, the power not enough.

You went cheapo and bought the II because you think it's not worth the extra money for the IV or V, then you complaint that the interior material not up to par.

You want the cake, pay cheap, and eat it too. Last I recall this is reality, not a fantasy world. Wake up, man!

There's nothing wrong with the car. It just doesn't fit your needs. There's definitely something wrong with your buying decision.

Come on man! Be a real man and suck up your bad buying decision and stop whining to us like your bad decision is all our fault! Go ahead and do something to solve the issue like selling it.

Go on, that's a good boy, shoo, shoo, off you go.

2. justaguy

justaguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I did not blame anyone but myself. Want some cake with that whine?

3. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    25 pages, 24 of which are insults! I'm bored now!

4. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    When you stated the car was junk, you were (intentionally or not) deflecting blame from yourself and passing onto the car.

I think the Tesla roadster would be a good idea, except that you do some driving from LA to SF and I'm not sure about the range of the roadster (if it can be upgraded to handle it).

I hope, over time, you can find constructive ways to meet your need for speed. The interstate is an awful place to get it (even if it is Hwy 5 at 3 am) because there are too many others out there who aren't expecting a vehicle to come up on them at 120+ mph.

I understand why you don't like the car, the stability of its handling at higher speeds, its limited top speed, and its inability to accelerate from 60 - 100 mph as fast as you would like. But the car wasn't designed to maximize these aspects.

Did someone (family member) encourage you to get a Prius? Maybe they were hoping that you would adjust your driving habits to match the car's strengths. I suspect your family loves you a great deal and would like you to not take so many risks on the open road. Maybe you should try to hear what they are saying. I'm assuming you aren't a parent, so it would be hard to put yourself in their shoes. Parents don't like seeing their children make poor decisions. They don't want their kids to put themselves in situations where they or others can get hurt.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In the interest of diverse opinions and views, we allowed this thread to continue. After all, Prius is not for everyone and we have, on occasions, advised people to not buy a Prius. No harm done, no hard feelings.

But apparently, when someone provides their honest opinions, they are attacked and bashed. That's just unfortunate.

I'm closing this thread because I think it's gone far enough - or too far.

5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.