1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Navigation System- It sucks.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Arizona Charlie, Nov 10, 2004.

1. resoh02

resoh02 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I am sick and tired of people supporting Toyota when there is a problem. The idea of a Nav system is to Navigate by default. What a dumb comment. If it can't Navigate then Toyota should fix it. They force you to buy the Nav system for 1800 and the back up camera. I guess your point of view is if the engine doesn't run we shouldnt go to Toyota we should just get it updated on our own.

2. resoh02

resoh02 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Gee I have a Garmin for $195. that's been right on. But I guess you can't expect an 1800 Nav system to be accurate.

3. Fstr911

Fstr911 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    I've not found a 100% reliable GPS for automobiles yet. They have all had errors and for some reason it seems to be worse in some cities compared to others. Other webbased mapping systems have also given me poor directions.

My two worst expereinces included driving in big circles (Orlando FL), constantly recalculating where to go and the real concerning one was directing me to turn the wrong way onto a highway exit ramp (Miami FL)!

I have not yet found a problem (yet) with the GPS finding my way home when I am in an area that I am not familiar with.

I think the technology is just not "100% there" yet for auto's.

4. philobeddoe

philobeddoe ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    there's a big difference between not being 100% there ... and sucking

5. Fstr911

Fstr911 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Philobeddoe you are right on target with that comment!

My GPS works well in my Prius and you gotta love those traffic updates on the screen.

I am looking forward to getting enroute weather (Nexrad) and conditions at my destination one of these days.