1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius newbie question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rablaw, Jul 16, 2005.

1. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've owned an Audi a4/Audi allroad/Mercedes C320 to name a few BEFORE the Prius. I have driven in Bergen Cty plenty of times as my sister lives there. A better litmus test is Long Island which is worse when it comes to traffic. I have NEVER had a problem keeping up with traffic or merging. I love this car. I've owned it for 18 months and hope to keep it for at least 10 yrs.

2. v.jones

v.jones New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius\";p=\"107833)</div>
    Just shift to neutral when you want to brake, it'll by pass regen immediately without you having to do a panic stop.
    [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for the totally on the mark response. This is something which _should_ be in the owner's manual, but isn't and could not be found with over an hour of Googling (although it did turn up this site, so the time was not wasted :).

For anyone who has had the experience of driving in major city traffic following a heavy rain (where slowing down is not a healthy option) and running through a puddle, knowing the brakes are wet and being unable to dry them is a scary state of driving. Tideland Prius's note should be part of the "Prius driving tips" knowledge base article, surrounded by enough verbiage to permit finding by searching (of course, that requires someone to volunteer to write said knowledge base article...) or at least a FAQ entry. Or am I overreacting and the only Prius owner who's faced this challenge (or two much a newbie to think of the "put it in neutral" solution).

Vince