1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Newbie What All Weather Mats do you recommend for a 2010 Prius IV OEM, Husky, WeatherTech

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by AndreaG, Sep 28, 2014.

1. AndreaG

AndreaG New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just bought my first Prius yesterday. I am looking to buy some all weather mats and I have spent the entire afternoon reading reviews. OEM, Weathertech, Husky....ahh I would like to purchase the OEM since they have the Prius logo on them but based on the reviews it seems like they do not offer that much coverage. Any suggestions. I am so thankful for this site :)

2. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The OEM mats do not provide adequate protection during the winter months if you live where you get snow. I had the WEATHERTECH mats in the Prius I had. I like them. Good fit and good coverage.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i have never used them, but congrats and welcome. all the best!(y)

4. Buzzhead

Buzzhead Non-Interference w/ devel of pre-Warp civs

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've used the OEMs for the last five winters and they're fine, particularly if you're wanting the logo. If you've just had a hard slog through the snow, just bang your feet together outside the car before swinging them in. There's no coverage on the deadfoot (where your left foot rests), so you may wish to buy some of that temporary stick-down clear carpet covering they use for real estate open houses if you want to keep that area pristine - though I'm guessing it isn't, since you bought pre-owned. Congratulations on your purchase of the best car on the road!

AndreaG likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If the OEM carpeted mats still don't have a rubber insert in vicinity of gas pedal, just a word to the wise: ours had a hole worn right through, within maybe 10000 kms. :(

6. Bob Chin

Bob Chin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have used Weathertech in my Prius 3 (2012) for the past 2 years with no problems or disappointments. Got the Weathertech mats for my wife's RAV4 (2013) and she loves them.

7. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I recently bought a new Avalon. I don't live too far from the WEATHERTECH factory. I drove there the day I bought the car and bought them for the front and back.

8. Bob Chin

Bob Chin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have the front, back, and cargo mats. Saved a lot of cleaning up effort! Did the same for the wife's RAV4. The cargo mats make a difference. Originally, I did not think they would matter a whole lot since I no longer carry a lot of junk around. But, they save me more than once when liquid containers spilled.

AndreaG and Okinawa like this.
  9. kenichols29

kenichols29 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    im looking at getting mats to. I hope this info helps but what I found out is the husky liner weather beater have more coverage and contain water better and the weathertech mats are a little higher quality and use the stock locking mechanism on the drivers side to hold it in place (the husky liner doesnt have that). Ive also found some other mats on amazon that are comparable that are called maxliners. They have 5 star reviews but they are made in china (which is a big turnoff for alot of people). I leaning toward the husky liner for the savings. I hope this helps you with your descision.

AndreaG likes this.
  10. AndreaG

AndreaG New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks. I live in New England so lots of snow and a sand driveway. I bought pre-owned and the interior is not pristine, so I really don't want to make it any worse since I plan on driving the car for quite sometime. The mats are my first decision, since buying the car Saturday. I thought mats would be less overwhelming then trying to figure out all of the bells and whistles going on inside the car. Thanks for all of the help.

kenichols29 likes this.
  11. ibmoses

ibmoses Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have the Weathertech front mats and a cargo mat. I use my Prius to haul landscaping supplies.

Also had/have Weathertech mats in numerous other vehicles.

NOTE: use Priuschat store to buy them for best deal available.

12. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have the Husky liners since new (2+ years). They have worked very well and have great coverage.

kenichols29 likes this.
  13. DaneH5

DaneH5 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Check craigslist for used mats. I have seen the weathertechs listed different times and at good prices usually.

Also beware if drivers side doesn't have a locking mechanism. Toyota has warnings in service to check customers mats to make sure they have a locking and aren't double stacked. Apparently the 'sticking gas pedal' was caused by mats in some of the cases.

AndreaG likes this.
  14. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Better make sure also they are custom fit for your year and model of your car.

15. NoMoreNow

NoMoreNow Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a generic (self-cut out shape) rubber ones.....end-up giving away.

Then brought the Huskys brand full set (the 2nd pic) is way better and light weight.
    Can hold alot more rain water & dirts....I don't have WeatherTech, so can't comment on that.
    Both are pretty good choices...

Good Luck!

[​IMG]

Husky Brand....one piece, no holes....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is WeatherTech verison
    [​IMG]

AndreaG likes this.
  16. mrajdstp

mrajdstp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We've had the Husky Weatherbeater liners on our Prius for three years of Minnesota winters and sand/gravel lakeshore summers. I would definitely buy them again.

17. kitkit201

kitkit201 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I too have huskys. They were good quality and price 30% less than WeatherTech

18. TLCESQ

TLCESQ Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just purchased the Weathertech. Fit perfectly. Had the OEMs but all slid around (with exception of driver side). Weathertech's are gorgeous, fit like a glove, and better upgrade.

Also installed the Weathertech wind deflectors. Super easy (after viewing video) and the perfect compliment.

Okinawa likes this.
  19. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I do not have your year, mine is a 2008. I am in New England, as you are. I JUST bought the Husky mats, at TGB2. LOVE them! I only bought front and rear seat mats, NOT the cargo mat for the back. I didn't like the high lip. I understand, that will contain water, liguids. I didn't want to have to lift groceries up and over.

Scroll back and forth on the 2 stock photos included by 'NoMoreNow.' The last 2 photos. The Husky covers right over the gas release lever; the WeatherTech does not, so water, sand and salt can get down under more easily. Also, as' kenichols29' says, Husky requires that you remove the OEM clip, and use the clip which comes with the mats. This then becomes another seal so no water/ sand/ salt can get down there. Water and salt can (and will) get throguh with the WeatherTech. I say this, because I have had my Prius for 5 winters, so I see what got through with those OEM clips. I found the clips very quick to swap, following the directions provided. I saved the OEM clips, in case I ever need them for some reason.

I also recommend you get the mud guards -- unless the car already has them. Those were not included in the 2008(mine), they were an aftermarket item, which I bought right away (they actually arrived before the car did!). I don't know if they are standard on your year.

TLCESQ likes this.