1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Newbie

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by redrockprius, Jan 31, 2007.

1. redrockprius

redrockprius redrockprius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After lurking on this forum for a couple weeks, I decided to join the mostly satisfied Prius owners and become one myself. Any words of wisdom for a first time hybrid owner/driver?

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedRockPrius @ Jan 31 2007, 09:05 PM) [snapback]383615[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to the site. Check out the threads of interest. Just enjoy learning about the car.

3. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedRockPrius @ Jan 31 2007, 09:05 PM) [snapback]383615[/snapback]</div>
    Congratulations and welcome!

4. iammario

iammario New Member

OMG this car rawks!
    It has all the bells and whistles.
    I got it Monday and boy it took me several days to know all the stuffs in this.
    Mine is a gray metallic with NW package.

two complains:
    1. power seat
    2. moonroof

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    congrats!

Read the sticky on fuel economy and new Prius driver tips. I think one's in the FE forum and the other in the main forum (I believe the Knowledge Base isn't updated)

6. Leigh

Leigh New Member

Just drove my new Prius home a few hours ago. This site was a huge help in navigating the dealership sales scene, which actually turned out to be a surprisingly good experience.

It is cold and crummy in Denver this winter and all I can think about now is how nice it will be to drive in the mountains when the weather warms up. This is the only car I actually ever thought of as better than mere transportation. Not being much of a techie, I am surprised at how fun the gadgets are, and will probably spend lots more time on this site learning how to get the most out of the technology. I don't think this car will be obsolete for a while.

7. aminorjourney

aminorjourney Mum to two prius!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(urbanfoxes @ Feb 1 2007, 08:41 AM) [snapback]383758[/snapback]</div>
    Well, going up the mountain you'll find the car mileage drops off really quite a lot but coming down is all in stealth mode and it's great fun.

You can also snip some fantastic photographs of wildlife with the Prius in stealth mode.

http://flickr.com/photos/aminorjourney/366329134/

This deer was taken in Shenendoah National Park when we visited the states a few weeks ago. The deer is probably quite used to cars but we did notice that the deer on the "down" side of the mountain completely ignored us and let us get really close (they were beside the road) - but on the way up they had gone into the bushes before we got level with them.

So yes. Drive a Prius - become a wildlife photographer ;)