1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius NHW20 2011 Navigation Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Shahid Iqbal, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Shahid Iqbal

Shahid Iqbal New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Fellows,
    Recently i have imported Prius 1.5 2011 from Japan.I am facing problem with Navigation system .No maps are showing when i press map button on steering or at MFD screen . Mostly the screen is blank or sometime i receive this error in Japanese.
    Please any member help me who can understand this snapshot.
    Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]

GT-N7100 ?

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Is there a DVD disc for your country in the navigation system under the passengers seat. Without this the system cannot work. This is compounded by the fact that the MFD display is for the Japanese market. I assume this is a gen2 Prius since your asking in the gen2 section and say it is a NHW20, as the gen2 was discontinued in the European and US markets in 2009.

John (Britprius)

#2 Britprius, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  3. Shahid Iqbal

Shahid Iqbal New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks John,Yes there is a dvd unit under the passenger seat . And this 1.5EX NHW20 is from last lot produced in December 2011 in Japan.
    I think some member who can read Japanese can help me out to understand this MFD error screen.

GT-N7100 ?

4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The question is really. Is there a DVD disc in the player, and if so what region is the disc for?

John (Britprius)

5. Shahid Iqbal

Shahid Iqbal New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry John,i am noob in this regard. Dont know how to check the disc in that unit . Do i have to remove the seat first to open the unit ?because that is covered with some plastic cover.
    And is there any solution to download and burn DVD data on empty disc if Navigation disc is not present in the unit.
    Please guide me
    Thanks in advance

GT-N7100 ?

6. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Slide the passengers seat forwards as far as it will go.
    From behind the seat remove the top cover. "2 plastic fasteners on top"
    Put the car in accessory mode. (with the fob in the slot press the start button twice without foot on the brake).
    Slide the button on the left of the player to the left and the disc should eject if there is one there.
    The DVD player will not usually play burned discs so you may have to buy one off the Toyota dealer or Lexus or Ebay for your region/country.
    I think there will be a disc in the player, but it will be for Japan.

John (Britprius)

#6 Britprius, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  7. Shahid Iqbal

Shahid Iqbal New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Many thanks John,I will use the SOP as per your guidence and will update you accordingly.
    Thanks

GT-N7100 ?