1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius no go! No codes found.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by pndwind, Feb 11, 2016.

1. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    5,000 miles/2quarts = 1quart:2,500miles. I think that burn rate is well within engine tolerances. Sucks, but each auto manufacture has a range of burn able oil allowance.

All cars are depreciating assets, except the rare collectables and the multi-million dollar super cars. Maintenance/repairs don't increase the value of the vehicle in the traditional sense of a financial return. Maintenance/repairs give you peace of mind to increase your chances of not experiencing a breakdown. Failure to do maintenance/repairs, does increase your likelihood of a breakdown and increased operation costs due to poor overall maintenance.

If the funds were to appear, the upside of going a new HV battery is that it is the best way to be assured trouble free operation, and you could put this battery into another Gen2, if something were to happen to your current Gen2. You could also just get liability insurance, saving at least $600+/year on comprehensive. Or raise the deductible amount on your comprehensive portion, to reduce your annual comprehensive cost.

2. pndwind

pndwind Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2 quarts of oil on a 180,000 mile engine is not acceptable. My Ranger has 250,000 and burns 1/2 a quart every 5,000 miles.
    I fail to see how this conversation changes anything.

3. pndwind

pndwind Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Once again I appreciate all the help.