1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius noob about to go look at a used 2008 Thursday. What should I check for?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ChadInOKC, Sep 17, 2013.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i started with an '04, gave it to my daughter and now my neighbor is driving it. bulletproof! congrats and all the best!(y)

2. ChadInOKC

ChadInOKC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. ChadInOKC

ChadInOKC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, time finally caught up to me and I had my first actual wreck (I'm 36). Stupid snow Sunday morning. Slid into a guard rail exiting the highway. The Prius is dead. The guy adjusting it at the body shop was at $7200 without even lifting the hood or putting in on the lift to check inverter/tranny. All the tranny fluid did bleed out of it.
    I'm so sick to my stomach over this car. It was hard to find 0ne this nice for the money/age. :cry:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hope you have full coverage on it. Looks to be a total loss. Left side is where the inverter is. Not a body man here, but I bet it is more than $7200.

Sorry to hear about the accident. I recall when you got this. I hope it all works out for the best.

5. ChadInOKC

ChadInOKC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah, I had full coverage. I am just hoping they pay me what I want for it and don't try to low-ball me. This was a nice freakin car!

6. ChadInOKC

ChadInOKC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The part that really makes me sick, I just ordered a new Kenwood radio, a set of seat extenders, bought a set of FR-s 17" wheels and some wheel spacers. All for nothing. I guess it could have been worse. Could have cracked it up with the new wheels. Haven't even got the stuff yet. :rolleyes:

7. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    A while back I totaled out a Nissan truck, it got flooded. Insurance company paid what the vehicle would have sold for based on age and miles. If you check around dealers in your area for comparable Pri, you should get an idea of what your car will sell for.

8. ChadInOKC

ChadInOKC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, this is my last offical post to the Gen 2 forum. Moving to Gen3! Went down to DFW area and found this little beauty!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a pretty nice car. Has the solar roof, nav, leather etc.. 84k miles. Picked it up for around $13,200. It is about to get some Scion FRS wheels as soon as I can get to the tire place to get some sensors swapped into the wheels. ;)

9. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry to hear about your accident. Congrats on the new Prius.

I am wondering what tires you had installed on the 2004 and their tread depth?

I recommend you buy winter tires for the 2010 as that will be much more useful than fancy wheels if you must contend with the snow. Good luck.

krmcg likes this.
  10. ChadInOKC

ChadInOKC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The FRS wheels have the Michelin Primacy on them. I think they should be fine, but I could always swap them out for my stock ones during winter.

The 04 had some offbrand touring tires. I can't remember the brand now, but they had decent tread. Not low by any means. Probably still not the best tires for snow. :(

11. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Little late, but congrats on the new to you Prius. Best of luck to you! Nice looking and a great package too! Take good care of it.