1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius -- not a car for the fragile male ego

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DougSlug, May 28, 2006.

1. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dandeman @ Jun 22 2006, 10:29 AM) [snapback]275322[/snapback]</div>
    I have to give my sister credit for that one. She saw a car that had one of those yellow suction-cup signs in the back window that said "no fat chicks" on it. Being...uh...quite obese (and with a sense of humor), she took a piece of scratch paper and wrote "no dumb pricks" and stuck it in the windshield wiper.

Another example of her humor was one time in a grocery store we saw a sale tag in the dairy case that said "HOMO MILK" (for homogenized, of course). My sister whipped out a pen and wrote on the sign, "Discrimination! I like milk too! Signed, Hetero."

2. Jacoby

Jacoby New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 28 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]262026[/snapback]</div>
    You do realize that the cost of the vehicle negates the money saved on gas. I bought the prius so I could help the environment and realized I would lose money on it.

3. Wiyosaya

Wiyosaya Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jacoby @ Jun 22 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback]275382[/snapback]</div>
    Personally, I would not necessarily assume that. I think that losing money will depend on many factors that we all do not necessarily know at this point. One of the top things on my mind is that prior Prii year's models have very high resale values, sometimes in excess of retail price when new.

4. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jacoby @ Jun 22 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]275382[/snapback]</div>
    Jacoby, I am awfully glad that you brought Prius and hope that your perspective on costs changes, over time. If you are willing, keep track of all your vehicle-related expenses. Very few Prius drivers will spend 30 cents per mile total. This is a respectable number for any car purchased new, and I bet you will do even better.

5. archermoo

archermoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Explorer Limited @ Jun 21 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]274982[/snapback]</div>
    Just checked my prius and found that it indeed has neither breasts nor a vagina, so it is certainly not a chick.

Overall I'm quite happy with my prius. I like the way it looks, I like the toys it comes with, and even better I like the way it performs.

And does anyone but me find it amusing that someone who refers to the prius as "a chick car" calls others on stereotyping? :blink:

6. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(archermoo @ Jun 22 2006, 03:56 PM) [snapback]275504[/snapback]</div>
    Shhhh....don't tell anyone, but just think how much smarter men are than women. If something is a *chick* car then it obviously is far superior to ANYTHING that could conceivably be called a...ummm...*guy* car

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jacoby @ Jun 22 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback]275382[/snapback]</div>
    you lose money on any new car. and in comparison to the other cars we were looking at, a fully loaded camry or solara, the gas savings are pretty substantial.

having a vehicle for transportation costs money no matter what you get. total cost of ownership with the prius is cheaper than the alternatives we were looking at. ;)