1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius not Bulletproof

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jbarnhart, Nov 15, 2006.

1. pinball

pinball New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    7ton truck goes EV

http://priuschat.com/7-ton-truck-goes-EV-t27631.html

I first heard about this from a TV report by the BBC - during which the maker said that electric motor was far more efficient in providing power to the tyres - in fact this truck did 0-60mph in 5 secs !!!! But had to be limited for a number of obvious reasons

2. member

member New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Verrückt @ Nov 16 2006, 11:22 AM) [snapback]350235[/snapback]</div>
    I considered a VW TDI when I was shopping, and one thing the VW's don't give you is good emissions. TDI's also require a very rare and expensive motor oil to keep the warranty valid. Not to mention diesel stinks (literally) and can make finding fuel a little challenging. There are some build quality issues with VW, at least in NA, so for whatever we lose moving to a Prius, we gain in other areas.

3. roadwarrior

roadwarrior New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Display Name @ Dec 23 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]366170[/snapback]</div>
    modern diesel engines give pretty good emissions, only slightly different then gas engines, greatest benefit from diesel is the CO2 emisionsn lower then gas, soon in europe the dustparticle thing for diesels will be mandatory.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Display Name @ Dec 23 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]366170[/snapback]</div>
    why pour diesel in your diesel car ? maybe try some plant oil. makes your car CO2 neutral ? and better smell :p