1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius not much bigger than the Fit!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by clintd555, May 2, 2006.

1. slortz

slortz New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(remaxmanager @ May 5 2006, 12:06 AM) [snapback]250091[/snapback]</div>
    Did you floor it? Probably not. I'm guessing that's where the power is...in the high-rpm range.
    My guess is that the Prius has more "umph" from the standpoint of accellerating from a low-rpm rolling start and punching the gas pedal moderately high. The electric assist gives you the most boost in that range. I prefer the power and torque to be in the "real-world" rpm driving range of the Prius rather than having to scream the engine to get at the power.

The Prius actually has 1 more HP than the Fit non-sport 5-speed but the Prius weigh over 400lbs more...that's probably the biggest reason for the slower 0-60. Time to start stripping down your Prius, (remove the back seats, center console, and all other non-essentials) so you can beat all those Fits in 0-60. :lol:

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slortz @ May 5 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]250553[/snapback]</div>
    If you want a FiT so bad go buy one, no need to trash the toyota.. But when the chevy tahoe t bones you in the FiT , please come back to PC and let us know if theres really a heaven or hell .. :)

3. roguenode

roguenode New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ May 7 2006, 12:43 PM) [snapback]251104[/snapback]</div>
    I fail to see where he was trashing the Prius. He indicated he prefers a car with its torque in the low to mid rpm range, aka, the Prius over the Fit in that respect. He then says if you want to be quicker than the fit, you need to lighten the car and jokingly suggests taking out interior bits, like many racers do to be quicker.

FWIW, I spent some time at the official site configuring a fit and looking at its features. I love the interior configuration possibilities, very nice use of the space. Looks better than the Yaris in my opinion and will be out as a hybrid with the Insight drivetrain in 07. I would expect it will also be the cheapest hybrid in the US market. Not a bad car at all. With front, side, side curtain airbags, and side impact door beams, I fail to see where you get the impression it won't be safe.

Thank goodness Toyota looks to be making significant improvements for the 08 Prius. Thanks also to Honda for offering healthy hybrid competition and helping to raise the bar, and possibilities, for all of us.

4. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roguenode @ May 9 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]252398[/snapback]</div>
    Absolutely! Competition in the hybrid sphere is absolutely essential. We all benefit from it.

Priusguy, you know that there's no hell. Jury's out no heaven, but that's several other existings threads! :p

5. Prizzle

Prizzle New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Erik @ May 2 2006, 11:46 PM) [snapback]248914[/snapback]</div>

We have a 2006 Prius ( hers) and a 2006 300C SRT-8 425HP beast ( his) . The latter commutes 10 miles each way and is used for going out and some fun now and then. The former is used as much as possible at all other times. We think we have the best of both worlds. Avg CAFE 28.8 mpg based on our current driving distances and true avg mpg. And yes, what a feeling behind all that HP.