1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius OBD

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by RomanCro, Mar 7, 2019.

1. RomanCro

RomanCro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    could someone confirm. Of OBD modul is connected on runing prius, would OBD register turning signals, lights, brake ligts going on and off?

SM-G950F ?

2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm surprised no one has answered this yet. I'm not sure, but I think Techstream could pull that information. Maybe this bump will bring it before someone who has tried it.

Elektroingenieur likes this.
  3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The car’s data link connector (DLC3, in Toyota’s terms) is used in two ways: for emissions-related diagnosis according to the OBD II standards, which don’t cover lights or similar features; and for diagnosis using Toyota’s own protocols, as implemented in the Toyota Techstream diagnostic system and by some third-party products.
    Yes, it can. Information about the status of the external lights is available using the Toyota protocols. The “Data List/Active Test” pages in the Repair Manual (more info) describe the parameters that can be monitored.

jerrymildred likes this.
  4. RomanCro

RomanCro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Iam thinking about wirelles hitch ligts transfer. There are wifi hitches, with battery ooerated turn signals and brake lights. But you must cinnect other end to cars 7pin hitch output. This obd wifi transmiter would eliminate any need for installung trail light connector.

SM-G950F ?

5. globoprius

globoprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's a really cool idea. What else could I do with this OBD DLC3 on the prius ?

6. RomanCro

RomanCro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Well it could work on every car. Not only prius

SM-G950F ?