1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius - Obsolete?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rematore, Apr 18, 2007.

1. badaka

badaka New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Relax and enjoy the ride. Things could be worse....

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's like with computers. People often ask me how to buy a computer system that won't be obsolete in six months, and I tell them they can't, because three months down the road there will be a system that's twice as powerful for the same price or less. But if they wait for THAT one, buy the time they buy it, three months down the road from THAT will be an even MORE powerful system for even LESS. So unless they buy a system today, they will never, ever buy anything, and a computer that does the job today will still do the job two years from now even if it's considered a dinosaur by then.

3. rematore

rematore New Member

I understand that I would never buy one if I always waited for the best one; that is why i went ahead an bought one. But, computers are vastly different than cars. People usually don't drive a new car until its time to throw it out...and you can't trade a computer in.

I guess my main question is if people had thoughts on whether there would be a resale market for the current prius if a newer cheaper prius became available. <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Apr 18 2007, 11:16 PM) [snapback]425775[/snapback]</div>