1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius order window

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by DianneWhitmire, Nov 4, 2011.

1. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I confirmed your order about two minutes after I saw it. I think the system got stopped up with communication. It all worked out but I sure wondered why so many orders sat uncompleted for twenty minutes and then wham, they all kinda shifted at the same time. :eek:

2. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just logged in and went part way threw the process. All states show as green as I write this. So they are not sold out yet. Not buying just was curious as to what would happen.

3. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I bet that's why the small print says you might not get your "slot in the factory line" exactly in order of when you placed your order. It says they may change the order of the orders to suit the factory needs. In other words, they're just going to use these initial orders to inform roughly what proportion of each of the color/trim combinations they should build and then the factory will make a bunch of each in whatever order is most efficient (eg. a bunch of advanced versions, then some basics, and maybe the paint booth does better to do a bunch of the same color in a row before switching to another color. As pointed out, there really isn't any customization going on here, so that concept of "we're building YOUR car" is a bit silly.

4. SimiPrius

SimiPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    In retrospect - you did a great job! I think we were all biting our nails waiting for the final confirmation. So now the question is - Any idea when we will get our first communication from Toyota as to what our expected delivery date is?

1 person likes this.
  5. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Now that is something I really look forward to finding out!

6. evfinder

evfinder Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When they build cars on a production line they go through body assembly then into the paint shop. At that point they paint the cars in batches by color. This is done so they don't have to clean the lines after every car. So if they have orders for White, Silver, Silver, Green, White They may actually push the two silver ones through with a bunch of silver GEN IIIs then they will clear the lines and switch paint and push a bunch of White ones through, The a bunch of Green ones. The cars are not built in stricked order.

Noel

2 people like this.
  7. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Dianne, I'd like to thank you publicly for everything you're doing for our community. As you know , I ordered my PIP up here in the Bay Area from my local dealer. I just spoke with the owner and he told me they were going to charge me full MSRP, and even Toyota HQ was shocked that any dealers discounted at all. Because of you and PriusChat, I saved a full $500 without difficulty. I'm sorry that I'm unable to get you a commission check, but at least I can give you my appreciation.

Thanks for the $500!

1 person likes this.
  8. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thank you Rebound! I prefer Public Thankings to Public Spankings any day of the week! ;)

9. Piprius

Piprius Member of the cult of Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You can NOT give people straight lines like this Dianne. Any comment with the words "spankings" in it is just BEGGING for someone to say something completely inappropriate.

I think I self-edited about 3 replies before I typed this one.