1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius out of control?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cvflowe, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    30 minutes driving out of control? What is he, Michael Schumacher avoiding traffic in a F1 race? The pedal is stuck, yet it can only hit 90mph? You are not going to be able to stop a car going 90mph by holding your brakes in front of it. If the pedal was truly stuck, the car would have kept going and the cop would have no brakes after a mile or so. This is true BS.

3. halfmoonray

halfmoonray New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I need more bad press on the Prius---prices this month were higher than last month--looking to buy.

Also, toyota car salesmen (haha, I don't have to be PC on this because all car salespersons are men) were more desperate and humble last month. This month they're back to their usual a-hole selves.

If anybody knows of a good salesman in socal that will get the best price on a new prius, let me know.

4. emPG

emPG New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you- I have been trying to figure out how in the world a Crown Vic could get in FRONT of a speeding car and slow it down. Just having a hard time wrapping my mind around all of this.

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Let's hear the 911 call during this good 30 minutes.

Did the 911 operator or CHP at least instruct the driver to put in neutral during this half an hour?

6. shankyyy

shankyyy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  7. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here's my theory, because it inadvertently happened to me. I have a V AT. If the cruise control is on dynamic cruise and there is a car in front of you, no matter how high you set it, the dynamic cruise control will keep pace with the car in front. Let's say you have it set for 90, but the car in front is only going 60. You will be limited to 60. If the car in front of you leaves your lane, and there are no other cars in front, you will accelerate to 90. It was a strange feeling until I realized what was happening - I had hit the cruise control speed increase a few times. By tuning off the cruise control, my issue was resolved.

8. web1b

web1b Active Member

The car was a Gen II. No dynamic cruise control on those.

9. geognerd

geognerd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Of course, if the same thing happened with a Chevy Malibu, it wouldn't have made national headlines. We can't make everything idiotproof, but perhaps Toyota should send a DVD of the Luscious Garage YouTube videos to all Prius owners, so the uninformed know how to handle a stuck accelerator situation.

Either the car or this driver is completely screwed up. I'm going with the driver. The story just doesn't add up.

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.