1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius out of hibernation and back in the wild

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by schmuly, Feb 5, 2013.

1. schmuly

schmuly Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Last week the snow is finally melted enough that we could take the v out of its cave. Feels great to drive it again, our driveway is so steep we have to have AWD/4WD in the winter. We put it to bed at the end of Oct and it is awake now. I did start it every couple of weeks and move it in and out of the garage to keep oil on the seals so they don't dry out.
    Tires only lost 1 to 2 lbs each. We took it for a good run so we could get fresh gas in it...man you have to drive for a long time to empty the tank...LOL. Next week we will take it on a 1200 mile trip to just outside Las Vegas, drive around then drive 1200 miles back the week after.
    We calculated it should only be about $100. each way. I will keep tract with fuelly for total mileage and feul costs. We love vacations...

2. rotwein

rotwein Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    We have had no problems driving around town. The coldest temps were 0 and the deepest snow was about 4 inches. I was surprised how well ballanced the car is on slippery roads. Now if they could fix it so you could lock the doors without taking off your glove :)

3. schmuly

schmuly Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    IMG_0353.jpg IMG_1195.jpg
    I'm glad it handled well in the snow, We usually get 2-3 feet of snow on the ground through out winter upto 3 months some times we get 3-4 feet of the snow on the ground. We had a fwd mini van a few years ago and it couldn't make it up our driveway. We made it almost to the top then slid backward and got it wedged in the bank, (stacked boulders). see pic
    We sold the fwd and got a '04 Sienna AWD and no problems now getting up. Summer view also, the driveway is steeper than it looks. It is on 11 acres with Crown Land on two sides. (same as BLM land)

4. sURFNmADNESS

sURFNmADNESS Prii Family

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three