1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius overheats and fans not kicking on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Louies, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Louies

Louies New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2014 toyota prius v that has the 261b water pump code so I replaced the pump but its aftermarket, it works but the hybrid light comes back on. Thinking about returning it and getting a Aisin OEM hopefully that takes care of the light. The heater works and the coolant is full but the cooling fans don't turn on. I disconnected the connector and jumped the connector coming from the fan to a 12v source and one of the fans turn on the one on the passenger side. So after that I check the cooling system fuse,RDI 30 amp and the Ecu IGs and they all turn out to be good. I took out the relays for the fans all three and tested each one by connecting them where the ecu relay goes and all three clicked. So the relays seems to be good and I tried connecting the relays back to there original location Fan #1,2,3 with the car on but when I connect it they dont click so the car seems to not be telling the fans to turn on and that's why its overheating. I turned on the ac but that won't even turn the fan on also. I also replaced the thermostat a long time ago before this issue and it wasn't overheating so I think the thermostat can be rule out. Any help would really be appreciated thanks guys

2. Mixanoid

Mixanoid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello. Did you solve the problem?