1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Owners need to be kicked

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FL_Prius_Driver, Dec 12, 2007.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think I once heard the figure of $200,000.

Here's what I heard:

There was a lot of talk about the government giving a big break to a company that could come out with an EV capable of recharging in ten minutes. The Phoenix SUT supposedly can do this (but only if you have a charger and electric service capable of delivering a LOT of amps.)

If the Congress actually passes that incentive provision, it would effectively reduce the cost of the Phoenix SUT to an "affordable" $100,000. I don't think the provision has been passed.

I don't know how carbon credits would work in this context. Perhaps the maker of a car that uses no fossil fuel could sell credits to the maker of cars that do, and that would allow them to cue the price of the car accordingly.

Either way, this car ain't cheap!

2. AZPrius

AZPrius Desert Rat

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ouch, $100k...

Thanks for the info. I guess I can check that one off my list for now.

3. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL. I almost never look at the display while driving. In fact, I have taken to usually having the front camera view on when I drive. It's really a lot more fun.

But in all honesty, I almost never need to look at it. I press a steering wheel button for the telephone; I use voice dialing whenever possible and the CarPC reads SMS messages to me.

~ dan ~

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yep. The only affordable EV right now is the Zap Xebra. But until people figure out how to make the batteries last longer I'm not recommending it to people. I absolutely love mine. But the battery charging and management in the Xebra seems to be poorly designed and lots of folks are having battery failures. This is not the fault of batteries as such. The Prius battery lasts forever, and the Rav4EVs have not had any battery issues in the time they've been around (5 years? 10?) But the Xebra is not handling its batteries well. So until Xebra owners solve this problem (and they are working on it, without much help from Zap) I have to give a "Not-Recommended" to the only affordable EV available today. (Not counting NEVs, which are limited by law to speeds too slow for most people.)

5. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I