1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius parking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lbligh, Feb 10, 2006.

?
  1. Yes, always

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sometimes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, why bother?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I park far from all other cars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I would if I ever got the chance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lbligh

lbligh Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I'm not sure why I always do this, but it's become a habit. There are a lot of Priuses here in Northern Virginia.

2. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I do that all the time. Last weekend I had a funny situation. I went shopping and the parking lot was packed. A white Prius pulled out so I parked in its spot. After I was done with shopping another Prius took my spot. Kind of funny.

3. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I try to part next to other Priuses. Here at work there is only one gen1 prius and one gen II prius but also 2 HCHs and a EscapeHybrid so I try to part next to any of them when I can.

4. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Most of the ones I see here are in the handicapped spots so I don't get the chance to park close often....unless, of course, I can make my wife do a little limp and drool when she gets out of the car :D

5. Emma

Emma New Member

I've always parked far away from other cars. I got into the habit many years ago and have just stuck with it. I leave the close parking spaces for the lazy toads. :p

However, I work in a small office (ten people total) and three of us drive Prii. There's also occasionally another Prius in the lot (there are spaces in our lot that are rented to other people) and they are all different colors!

6. lbligh

lbligh Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    How odd, I have never seen a Prius in the handicapped spots around here! Do you think you are seeing the same cars over and over again, or do you live near a whole community of disabled environmentalists?

7. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'll park mine next to other Priuses when I get the chance. :) Only had the car for 2 days though, and have parked it at home, work, parents' house, and a nearby park. Mine was the only Prius so far in all those lots. Will have to run errands soon enough, so maybe I'll get the chance to park next to another one soon!

8. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I sure do park next to other Prii. But when I'm not near other Prii, I park in the lower 40 to avoid door dings and it gives me a little walk anyway.

9. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Even with the Prius I refuse to troll the lot looking for the closest space (which people do at the Gym, like WHY!!). But I love to park next to other Prii whenever possible. Soon my new nurse will add her blue Prius to my red one in our lot!

It's FRIDAY!!! (acctually cooking for a wine tasting party tonight...go figure!)

10. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

There sure are, but there are also so few parking spots, especially around Ballston/Clarendon/Roslyn, I haven't had a chance yet... If you see a silver pine '06 - that's me :)

Dave

11. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

I have had my Prius for less than 24 hours! :p

My typical parking habits are to spend as little time driving in a parking lot as possible. Too many fender-benders witnessed, I suppose. I park wherever I see a spot closest to the exit, not closest to the store/restaurant/office/whatever. I am in a walking challenge, so I need all the steps I can get! :p

12. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    since reading on PC a while back that someone parked next to another prius at the store, and came back to see the other prius was gone and so was the bumper protector from their own prius...

i just say screw it and park as far away from all potential a$$holes as possible.

13. rogerSC

rogerSC Member

I think that my car stands out better when parked amongst non-Prius's...Easier to find. Either that or away from other cars.

-Roger

14. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    At our church, I used to be the only hybrid on the lot. Now I have to change that to first hybrid on the lot. There's a white Prius and a red Prius (and even a Honda hybrid). I want to get the Prii all together to take a picture of Red, White and Blue. :D

15. The Old Man

The Old Man New Member

I once came walking out of the market and to my black Prius in the parking lot, only to realize that it was the wrong black Prius. It was black, had the same HOV lane stickers on it, and parked a few spots away from the "real" deal. Practically laughed my head off once I realized I was getting upset with the wrong "non-working SKS" door.

16. lbligh

lbligh Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I hope you get to! I love getting to say hi to other Prius owners. I always say "Do you love your Prius as much as I love mine?"

17. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I always suck up to one of the islands. I can get a close space, and be out of door-ding range that way. Works great.

18. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So far, mine's the only hybrid in my parking lot at work (out of several hundred cars). I always park far, far away from other cars (and always uphill from buggies at shopping malls) at least for the first year of ownership, until the newness wears off. Parking far away has had a great side benefit--it has helped me to lose 40 unwanted pounds.

19. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, I got to park nose-to-nose with an Insight over the weekend (yeah, on purpose too-figured the hybrids needed to stick together). <_< But no other Priuses yet.

20. DaWeav

DaWeav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Another question is how many Prius owners have Hybrid only parking slots at the place of employment?

I asked my company to provide a few hybrid only parking spaces, and can you believe they said NO to providing hybrid only parking spaces! That's crazy since every high ranking person has their own GAS GUZZLING private parking space, GO FIGURE! Funny how NONE of all the high ranking people with their own parking spaces own a HYBRID! In fact, one of them has a HUMMER...