1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Passing Rage....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jamesbalch, Nov 9, 2006.

1. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm one of those Prius drivers that goes over the speed limit. Yes... I know I am sacrificing mpgs, but with a 90 mile a day roundtrip commute in southern California traffic, sometimes I just want to get home sooner.

Last night on the freeway, I was behind another Prius in the car pool lane. This huge lifted truck pulled over in front of us and slowed down to under the speed limit. As soon as was legally possible the Prius in front of me changed out and then back in front of the truck. This didn't speed the big truck up at all, so as soon as I could legally get around him, I did too.

I had to laugh. Here was two Prii, sterotyped as slowing traffic down and they were showing up a big macho truck.

2. Clar

Clar Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim B. @ Nov 9 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]346541[/snapback]</div>
    My observation is this:

People I passed couldn't catch up w/ me. Rarely there's a car I pass would pass me. :)

Gotta love this car on a set of hydroedge. Driving at 80mph feels like driving at 65. no vibes, no need to fight the car to stay in control.

3. pogo

pogo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skruse @ Nov 9 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]346561[/snapback]</div>
    I tend to agree. I've seen no difference based upon the car I drive. There are lots of idiot drivers out there, but you shouldn't stop asking "what did I do to upset them". If a pattern emerges that the same bad thing keeps happening to you, then you need to figure out why. If I honestly can't figure out why someone reacted to me, then I forget it immediately. Every now and then I realize that I know why they were upset. Unfortunately the best driver in the world will do something really dumb sometime, and really bad drivers all tend to think they're really good drivers.

4. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

Put a hitch on your prius and drive around with a pole out the back with a spinning three foot saw blade wheel on it.

................. >-------+--------<
    ............................ =
    ............................ =
    ==============

:lol:

5. cobra94563

cobra94563 Junior Member

My observation is you get absolutely no RESPECT in a Prius... :( .... :D :D

Not a problem when I'm in the porsche or (AC)Cobra. B)
    It's worst when I'm on the scooter..then the prius drivers are trying to cut me off! :lol:

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cobra9 @ Nov 10 2006, 06:33 PM) [snapback]347215[/snapback]</div>
    I can't imagine Rodney Dangerfield in a Prius.

"Lemme tell you, it's tough being a Prius driver. My door won't open if it senses the fob IS in my pocket! You know that nag screen you have to go through on the GPS? On mine, I have to promise not to drive at all. I don't get no respect."

7. philmcneal

philmcneal Taxi!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I love to smoke people off the line (dead stop) all the time, cutting them off and then going slow hahaaha, electric motor PWNS J00z since all torque at 0 rpms is the best thing ever. By the time they shift into 2nd gear, i'm already at cruising speed, suckas.

I'll smoke you for the race to 15 mph, (20 km/h) then after that I'm out of juice :p

8. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Because the Prius is a slow-nice person, over-hyped econobox that has no right to be on the streets and passing in front of anybody else whom has a better vehicle that can be driven faster and better.

It's like if somebody on a hoverboard/or razor passed you, you would feel pretty pissed too; maybe think you didn't have your accelerator mashed in enough.

9. vuapplepudding

vuapplepudding New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(philmcneal @ Nov 10 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]347273[/snapback]</div>
    philmcneal,

I am with you on the high torque. Now that I have broken my PRIUS in, I have fun with it every once in a while.

Every once in a while, when I am driving the speed limit or a little over, people still insist on passing me and then slow down. Ticks me off because there was no reason, I then have to hit the brakes. What the heck!

I'll line up with them at the next chance I get and then SMOKE them off the line. They feel pretty silly for passing me and I am just estactic that my PRIUS had got the JUICE to make me proud. They don't try to over take me again. Ha Ha.

Have fun with you car! I know I will