1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Persona 2015 for sale: What does "ENGINE REPAIR DIAG" means in it's Toyota service history?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by pri4u, Feb 15, 2023.

1. pri4u

pri4u Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hello,

I'm considering to buy a Toyota Prius 2015 Persona that has 112k miles on it.
    I got the VIN number, and when I loaded the Toyota service history (see below), I see on the entries for "7/2019" and "8/2019" when the car had 65k it mentions "*ENGINE REPAIR DIAG" - Is this a cause for concern? I see there were few more service records after that, where it didn't mention anything about the engine after that, and the last service record was on 9/2020 which is 2.5 years ago.

Should I ask the seller what does this mean or if I call a Toyota dealer, will they know to tell me in detail what was it about (even if it's not my car yet)?
    Is it a bad engine that might have been replaced or needs to (is it typical for this car when it reaches only 65k or even the mileage it has now 112k to already replace the engine)? What could it be from your experience? Could the fact that car lasted since then (3.5 years ago) at 65k until now (112k) that it's not an issue anymore? Just making sure I'm not getting a lemon...

Thank you.

=============================================================================
    Service History:

9/2020 SERVICE TYPE
    Dealer
    MILEAGE

SERVICES
    INSP. FLOORMAT, SET TIRE PRESSURE, MASTER/MDT RECALLS, MASTER/MDT RECALLS

12/2019 SERVICE TYPE
    Dealer
    MILEAGE

SERVICES
    75K FACTORY SERVICE, MULTIPOINT, RED TIRES, RED WIPER, AIR FILTER, CABIN AIR FILTER, RED
    AIR FILTER

8/2019 SERVICE TYPE
    Dealer
    MILEAGE

SERVICES
    70K FACTORY SERVICE, MULTIPOINT, *ENGINE REPAIR DIAG, 3 PT EFI SERVICE, RED TIRES, RED
    WIPER, AIR FILTER, CABIN AIR FILTER, RED AIR FILTER

7/2019 SERVICE TYPE
    Dealer
    MILEAGE

SERVICES
    *ENGINE REPAIR DIAG, MULTIPOINT, RED TIRES, RED WIPER, AIR FILTER, CABIN AIR FILTER

5/2019 SERVICE TYPE
    Dealer
    MILEAGE

SERVICES
    65K SVC
    =============================================================================