1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Phonebook Issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tadashi, Jul 7, 2006.

1. theegg

theegg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I purchased a Seaside Pearl 08 in November and I had no problem setting up my phone, transferring the phone book & setting up voice recog. I have an LG phone with Verizon. But, I traded in the blue in June for a new 08 Barcelona Red. I have managed to get the phone recognized but it disconnects when I try to transfer the phone book. Can't figure out what I did right then and I am doing wrong now! Any/all assistance with Verizon is appreciated. I miss my hands-free!!!

2. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    is there a way to send the phone numbers from the prius to something else? or is it only capable of recieving phone numbers?

3. NDPrius

NDPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    NOT TRUE of Verizon any more. I have a new LG EnV2 on Verizon and the phone book loaded perfectly. I used directions downloaded from toyota.letstalk.com and they were a big help.

Now if I could just figure out how to use the voice commands...

NDPrius

4. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I transferred the entire phonebook from my Verizon Blackberry 8830 to my Prius. No sweat - the only issue was the Prius's limit of two phone numbers per contact.

Like others I got an indication that the phone had disconnected as soon as I tried to "pull" the numbers from the phone to the Prius. The trick was to "push" them from the phone once I had initiated the "pull" from the Prius.

5. jhev1

jhev1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Nice find NDPrius. I was struggling trying to figure out how to send the contacts from my phone, your link worked great for getting them uploaded. Does your caller id work? Mine says not available.

6. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I didn't know if it was better to dredge up an old thread or start a new one, chose the old one.

My cheap TracFone works with my 2004 Prius but I can't send the phone numbers to the car from it. I can't directly add numbers in the car's phone books.

However I read somewhere that you can send phone numbers from a bluetooth enabled PC. Since I now have one, I:

1. Pushed the numbers from my phone to my PC running Windows XP. Worked fine.
    2. Connected the PC to the car via Bluetooth. Worked fine.
    3. Pushed 3 entries (one at a time) to the car. So far, so good.
    4. Tried entry #4 and NO GO. The connection drops as soon as I select send from the PC when the car is waiting for a number. As soon as I cancel the panel in the car, the PC shows it reconnected. Try the receive again (PC still trying to send) and the PC shows the car as no longer connected.
    5. I can not edit any of the 3 numbers in the car's phone book. I had HOPED that once there were numbers in the phone book, I would be able to add/edit. But NooOOoo.
    Has anyone else had this 'partial success'?
    If so, did you manage to find a way to progress through the 'sending' phone book?
    Is there any way to add/edit in the 2004-2005 Prius?

Thanks