1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius PHV to end production this month of June 2015?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by telmo744, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Ford hasn't released any of the PHEV pricing yet.
    The hybrid system adds about $2400 to the Explorer.

On the high trim Escape, the hybrid is less than $800 more. The difference goes up to $1200 for the low trim, but equipment may not be the same; the ICE trim is SE to the Hybrid SE Sport. People can get it in FWD or AWD; Ford isn't hiding the hybrid cost in the FWD to AWD price difference like with the Rav4 hybrid.

The Corolla LE hybrid is $3000 more than the Corolla LE.

#121 Trollbait, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    hill likes this.
  2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Because comparing a platform to a model variant is pointless.

The point is GM didn't make being affordable a priority. The lesson is GM shouldn't have repeated that mistake, again.

You know all too well the upgrades for next-gen were aimed at the wrong audience. GM did not target their own base.

#122 john1701a, May 24, 2019
    bwilson4web likes this.
  3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    great minds will differ. some will speculate the volt went away just because of cost ..... versus the cause for it being ax'ed, was simply diminished demand for ALL smaller car's (even midsize) withering on the vine .... as well as cost, & battery cell availability. As for Volt's gen II changes (faster charging, greater mileage, greater EV range, lane assist, park assist, collision-warning, heated seats, heated steering wheel etc) not being what customers wanted, as opposed to the notion these are just what early adopters wanted .... I don't know. My better ½ enjoys that stuff, & she's far from being bleeding edge tech savy/ neediness. Considering the 53+ EV EPA miles, & most of the used Fleet running the ICE less than 10% of the time, I might just get one used, after driving one for a couple weeks through the turo car program. (some nice deals out there right now) Sure - it's got its warts - but it's nice.
    EDIT
    I do acknowledge that the ridiculous low-speed noise (even stopped) is horrible, & am no fan of their Uconnect interface nonsense that requires spoofing it - just to load it on a rooted phone - & the low 40's blended epa is pale (tho we'd almost never need ICE) - even compared to the gen II prius, not to mention the cramped back seat when my 6'-5" carcass is up front. But like, many things - everything is a trade-off.

#123 hill, May 24, 2019
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i have to agree with john. the only way toyota can sell prime is through massive discounting.

mfg's will have to figure out how to make plug in's cheap if they want to sell any decent quantities.