1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius pictures - commonly asked questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by peart75, Aug 17, 2004.

1. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I stand corrected - I went out and re-examined it, and matched it up with a diagram from techinfo (NCF). Given that it has a freq. posted of 134.2kHz and there's an identical module at the lip of the hatch w/ the same frequency - they would be SE/SS. Incidently, these are the oscillators (transmitters) which trigger the FOB to respond. The antennas (receivers) are elsewhere. Incidently, the fob transmits back to the car at about 312MHz

I've attached close-up photos of the pictured module as well as the one at the lip of the trunk. I'm also posting a "screen capture" of a diagram showing where the SE/SS sensors are located.

Sorry for the inaccurate guess before - I should have checked before posting.

2. peart75

peart75 New Member

hdrygas,

i added a fair amount of pictures. both interior and extior. i have some undercarriage shots and behind the glove compartment shots up there now.

http://gallery.joesdiner.com/gallery/Prius

i think i got everything but the rear cup holders. i may do those tomorrow.

everyone let me know if they would like certain things documented.

rick, no problem, that's what a guess is for, right?

evan,
    ever since i have gone digital i haven't looked back. i simply love the fact i never have to go somewhere to buy film, go through the hassle of dropping off and picking up film, and then coming home to scan it in my negative scanner. the best part is being able to have a whole batch of pictures up in the same day as you took them.

the D100 is good for right now, but i will probably think about getting a D200 (or equiv.) when it comes out.

ok, time to go watch some tv.

-drew

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks for clarifying what that gizmo is, Rick and Drew!

4. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw on that diagram something marked a "luggage sensor"...what exactly is that?

5. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    One is an oscillator, which sends the outbound transmission to the FOB every few hundred milliseconds (consider it a transmitter). The "Luggage Sensor" would be the receiver for the SE/SS. Everything in that Diagram essentially relates to SE/SS in one way or another.