1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius plastic beauty rings, on or off?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by daveleeprius, Jun 17, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  3. What's a beauty ring? I have the Touring model!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I took them off this weekend after rotating the tires. I like the look a lot better. But were they put there for aerodynamic reasons? To protect the disc brakes?

Anyone know?

2. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Talk about a beaten, dead horse...

3. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  4. GoEco

GoEco Red Prii Rule

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My car apparently disliked them so much that one of them leapt off (or was it pushed?), so my husband removed the other three this weekend. I think it looks so much better now!

5. wiiprii

wiiprii New Member

I'm impressed by how much better the wheels look without them as well. They seem like an afterthought.

Thanks for the poll.

6. Ehash

Ehash New Member

What are they? I just got my 2007, and have read about these wheel things, but I can't figure out which part everyone hates so much....

7. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

even the touring wheels look better when you remove their cover.... especially on the mag grey.... since the under part that's covered up is almost mag grey!

8. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    On Saturday, we parked next to a Prius at a grocery store. Poor thing had a ding in the door :( we felt bad.

The trim rings on the tires showed some serious scratching. My DH observed that the driver apparently liked hitting curbs.

So, do the trim rings protect the tire itself from damage from curbs? It's about the right height for the curb in front of my house.

9. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Prius Beauty Rings?
    The car doesn't come supplied with such an item, so obviously no one knows what the heck you're talking about :p

10. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Jun 18 2007, 09:46 AM) [snapback]464043[/snapback]</div>
    Once upon a time, people would paste little colored (often black) pieces of fabric, paper, or silk, to their faces. The pieces were often cut into little stars, circles, squares... and pasted over pimples, scars, what-have-you.

They came to be known as Beauty Marks. Eventually, the pasted pieces went away, but the name remained for those little indelible imperfections that some great beauties have had.

Nowadays, to consider a piece of black paper pasted to one's face as a way to increase one's beauty seems a bit laughable.

You could call the wheel trim rings "Beauty rings" in the same way.
    Some consider them perfectly fine, and others consider them to detract from the appearance of their car.

This may not be the OP's intent, but this is my take on the use of the term "Beauty rings" :)

11. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Perhaps we can call them PBR's from now on! :p

And to think this lovely thread won't coming up if you search for 'trim' :rolleyes: