1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius play mp3 files but can't display ID3 tag in other language but only in English

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by super80, Nov 30, 2006.

1. super80

super80 New Member

My US version 2006 Prius play mp3 files w/o problems, but can't display ID3 tag in other language like Japanese, chinese........ the ID# tag appeared when it is in English or numeric!!
    I'm wondering to know if there's a way to make it works with other languages, any advise??

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's the file itself; your MP3 reader doesn't "know" it's English. Pop some Spanish MP3s in there and they'll be in Spanish. It can't display it in another language any more than it can play the English song in another language.

3. Jeff Beaver

Jeff Beaver Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(super80 @ Nov 30 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]356090[/snapback]</div>
    I would guess that what you propose is not practical. The MFD is driven by a computer which in North America almost certainly lacks the fonts needed to display Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, etc. There are probably many other differences from country to country -- such as kilometers versus miles. In any case, as I recall, there is no way to display the ID3 tag info when the car is moving -- which my Prius tends to do most of the time. What I can get is the file name, which for my purposes is almost as good.

Jeff

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It won't display Asian languages but it will display accents (for French/Spanish etc.)