1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Plug-in Gas Tank Capacity Size update?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by mozdzen, Feb 23, 2012.

1. mozdzen

mozdzen Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Tesla Model S
    Does anyone have the final number on the gas tank capacity?
    I really like going 500 miles before filling up for 90 seconds.

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Range should be around 540 miles, and yes, its got a 10.6 gallon tank.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many usable gallons is that? i'm accustomed to the bladder effect. (pit stop every two hours:p)

5. gwmort

gwmort Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Keep in mind your range between fill ups will depend greatly on how often you charge, not so much on the size of the tank, unless you are driving cross country for 6-8 hours at a shot or something.

For instance I only fill up for 8 gallons at a shot (9 something gallon tank on the Volt), but I usually get a good 1000-1200 miles per tank.

You could easily have people who drive 10 miles a day and don't fill up for months.

6. mozdzen

mozdzen Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Tesla Model S
    Thanks everyone. On a slightly different topic @gwmort - I priced out a volt at a dealership and they jacked the price up $4K. The price was going to be ~$51K before tax & title and before $7500 rebate. That seems like the cars are not priced similarly, even the souped up Prius. The interior room inside the volt seemed a lot smaller than the Prius. I'm sure it drives a lot better as per my test drive, but these differences seem significant to me.
    Tom

7. drinnovation

drinnovation EREV for EVER!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Dealers vary a lot. If you priced it last fall, when availability was limited, 4K over MSRP was bad but unfortunately not uncommon. My local dealers in CO wanted to charge me 7K over MSRP.. eventually came down to 1K over MSRP for an Nov delivery (it was Aug when I wanted to order). I drove to TX and bought one off the lot for less than MSRP. (And made it a road-trip vacation with my wife). With the tax credits (CO has a 6K credit on the Volt), my net will be 31,200 for a nearly fully loaded Volt (43800 MSRP) and < 30K if one includes my trade-in of a 1995 Honda.

There are many now selling below MSRP, and there were many post on gm-volt.com with prices of 4K to 5K BELOW MSRP (mostly in Cali for non-HOV volts. With the plant churning them out now dealers will learn quickly they cannot go above MSRP and maybe will cut better deals.

Check out this tread
    http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread...12-Volt-for-25-845-plus-tax!!&highlight=price

or
    http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread...-special-in-Fontana!&highlight=price+MSRP+HOV

Might be worth a drive from Phoenix to Cali if you were really interested and price was an issue.

Whenever Demand >> Supply, dealers can try to stick it to buyers. I would not be surprised if there are some jacked up prices on Prius PHVs as well.