1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Plug-in Updates

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Prius Team, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Prius Plug-in Updates (Please - No Posting in this thread except for the Prius Team. Thank You)

With the exception of BP, a reasonable split between the colours (And I'm surprised that silver placed that low).

2. bfd

bfd Plug-In Perpetuator

Close to SDSU in the Far Southwest Corner of Cali
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Re: Prius Plug-in Updates (Please - No Posting in this thread except for the Prius Team. Thank You)

OK, so I've been waiting awhile to find out, and now I'm dying to know, what will happen?

Will your car self-destruct after 500 miles? Will the entire sales team come off the lot to boo you at delivery? (LOL)

I know patience is a virtue, and I'm still working on it, but I'm dying to find out! :D

3. dmutterer

dmutterer New Member

So... I am very VERY disappointed with the hood/bumper cover.

2 tiny tiny pieces of plastic. Certainly not worth the money, and certainly not what I thought I was getting.

No one has contacted me about this issue. I've had mine on order since last year and it was built in feb and just delivered.

What can be done about this?

Thanks
    Dave.

4. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE

Where are you located and who was your Dealer?

On the West Coast contact Erica.
    Prius Team
    Toyota Marketing USA

5. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    guys can we please keep this thread to Prius Team updates only? thanks.

6. JSTEACH

JSTEACH New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi Erica, I purchased my PIP from Power Toyota Cerritos, I'm not very happy
    with paying $395.00 for the hood and 2 small triangle on the fender . I was never
    contacted by the dealer or toyota regarding the changes. I read about this on the
    fourm. I was to late to change it. I contacted Toyota Motor Corp. regarding this I was told, we never said we were going to do the bumper. They offerer me a credit of $100.00 toward any purchase at a dealer to keep me happy. :(

7. gengrav

gengrav New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My new plug in Prius!

After waiting for years, I finally have the Plug in Prius. Before this, I had an older model, 2008, which I loved. I bought mine from Wilsonville Toyota, in Oregon. Here is my summary so far:
    1. On my first tank of gas, I went about 400 miles, including two trips to the beach, without filling up.
    2. On my second tank, being more consistent with charging it now, I went 430 miles.
    3. I LOVE the UBS port so I can play my Pandora. The best!

Then I found a charging station in Portland, one block from where I work! This has been really helpful to me. I can drive to work and back on a charge with no problem.

LOVE IT! So thankful for the technology, and yes, I am idealistic, but thank God it's here. Thank you to Toyota for pursuing this, great product.

dwcerra likes this.
  8. SpiderBC1

SpiderBC1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Can you put the ground package and wheels on the PIP from the Performance Plus package?

9. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Not from factory no. I would suppose one can do anything they wished afterwards.

10. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi all. Just wanted to let you all know that we recently sent out the last bundle of the Plug-in Online Order gifts. Please give them about a week to arrive and if you purchased or leased from an online order (ie placed your order back in Nov-Dec 2011 and went through with it) but didn't receive your goodie package, please send me a PM with your order confirmation number and last name.

Thanks,
    Erica Gartsbeyn
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.