1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Plug-in Updates

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Prius Team, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    You don't show up in my order queue either, so this may just be a database display glitch. I just sat and hand-addressed 150+ envelopes to my PlugIn clients regardng their coming Christmas gift from me, and you were not in there!

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    OMG! I thought I was exaggerating when I guessed 93. Of course I just saw a Tesla S sedan the other day, so hard telling how long my order will stay in the queue. :rolleyes: Too bad it's not actually possible to get one anytime soon....

3. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    What crucial info are we missing devprius? I feel like I keep approving more and more rounds of stuff, so please let me know what's absent.

Thanks,
    Erica

4. Prius Team

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sorry Erik, it looks like you did just miss some of the drives in the Northeast. There are very few cars available throughout the US right now, they're all very early prototypes (the same ones that were at Green Drive in Sept) and not nearly enough to send to the dealers. I do know that there are a few in the Northeast for the next couple months so hopefully they'll be making some appearances in your neck of the woods.

Brochure--so there is an ebrochure available online. We do not plan to release a formal brochure for this vehicle. This was intentional. I'm curious though, because this has been a topic of discussion internally, what are you looking for in a brochure that you don't see online or in the ebrochure?

EPA: As other stated, these figures usually come pretty late. As soon as they're available we'll update Toyota.com

Thanks,
    Erica

3 people like this.
  5. Piprius

Piprius Member of the cult of Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Erica, when do you expect to have the owner's manual released? It would be nice (and help offset some of the odd twitches I get when thinking about the PiP) to read up on the car prior to acceptance. It would also be nice to be able to tell the dealers in advance what software options you would like set (such as the reverse beeps).

Thank you for your efforts in keeping this motley crew of (semi-rabid) plug-in devotees satisfied with information.

1 person likes this.
  6. SimiPrius

SimiPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I second what Piprius said: It would be nice to see the manual on-line, including the programmable features. I agree, the "reverse beep" is one of the mos annoying and it would be great to be able to communicate to the dealer how you would like the features configured so that it is completed when the car is purchased.

7. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I thought I saw some video or screen shots somewhere that showed a lot of those configuration options or settings would be accessible by the owner, i.e., using the display settings options. Am I making that up?

8. essaunders

essaunders Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My question was in regard to the "condensed brochure" referenced here. I made the jump that there may be a "non-condensed brochure". I'd much rather have the owners manual, but I'm just one of many digging for any extra detail on this vehicle!

Thanks for taking the time to reply to questions here!

Erik

9. RCI

RCI New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Erica,

Just stumbled onto this site and I'm very excited. Got the update discussed above on Dec 9 with the Feb/Mar build window. Looking forward to future updates. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

10. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    No, you're not, at least as far as the advanced model is concerned. I was actually quite surprised about this.
    Presumably this will be at least at the same level as the v?

11. Prius Team

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Nope, condensed ebro (ebrochure) was the only thing planned for this car...but if there are specific pieces of info you guys feel are missing from the traditional brochure and aren't elsewhere on the PiP site, please shout and I'll see about having them added, or getting you the info in the meantime.

I just saw a draft of the Owner's Manual before the holidays so it's not quite ready for primetime.

Both new audio headunits do have some ability to customize car settings, but this won't cover all settings. I'll try to get you some screen shots soon on what's available through the headunits.

Also, I got a few PM's about this and sorry for not sending a note before the holidays, but we did hold up the other batches of emails that I mentioned would go out in December. So, if you haven't received your email yet, don't worry, we didn't forget about you. I wanted the emails to all go out at once and we were still confirming the final production windows for the last trickle in orders. I also didn't want the emails going out while our offices were closed for the holidays (12/23-1/3) in case the emails resulted in questions that needed responding to. So, I'm hopeful the remaining batches will be out later this week or early next week. Thanks for your patience.

Happy New Year all!
    Best,
    Erica Gartsbeyn
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA

8 people like this.
  12. evfinder

evfinder Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just out of curiosity, what was the finally tally of orders?

13. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I wouldn't say that there is anything that is crucial that is missing. In fact, what I think is going on is that the same information (or most of it) is being presented in a different manner. The Demos & Video portion of the US site seems to duplicate most of the information that I found poking around on the Japanese site. Which is great if I'm using a web browser that supports flash. Sometimes I'm on my iPad, and not being able to get at some of this nifty info is really frustrating. A static page with the same info would be nice to have, that's all. Also, the Demos & Videos tends to gloss over some of the finer details. I also noticed a few more interior and exterior shots on the Japanese site that had a bit more useful info (seat heater button placement and operation, as an example).

My biggest complaint, however, has to be the fact that the Japanese site shows 2 additional colors that we aren't getting in the US. :)

14. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    That is excellent! I look forward to it.

Getting to learn a little more about our upcoming cars is exciting and it makes the wait seem a little shorter. :)

15. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I really think I'm going to like my 'clearwater blue'.

16. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It will grow on you.

My 3 days with this PHV was my first light blue Prius...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and it left quite an impression. :rockon:

17. usdmattiphone

usdmattiphone Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was a tad unsure of the clearwater blue color when i ordered, but when i saw it at a local green drive event, I REALLY fell in love with the color. I do prefer darker shades normally, but for some reason the blue really strikes me as a beautiful color. Most of the pictures i've seen depict it a bit lighter than it actually is in person.

18. C56spd

C56spd New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Will Clearwater Blue be limited to the PIP only or is it offered in the new 2012 Prius Hatchback?

19. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    PiP only.

(EDIT: The non-plug-in 2012 Prius models do not have the Clearwater Blue as a color option)

20. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    The other car that has it is the 2012 Camry. That's how I finally got to see it, the first week of December, switched from silver, and won the dubious honor of having the highest order number in the spreadsheet. (You're all in the spreadsheet, right?)

Moderator, should the Clearwater Blue discussion be moved to its own thread? :focus:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.