1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Plus - Toyota Recall - ZVW40

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by GabrielD, Apr 9, 2021.

1. GabrielD

GabrielD Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
    Tommorow I have appointment to get this resofting done.

I am curios what will be different after?
    I am planning to save data with Techstream, before, but I am not sure what exactly parameters to save...
    Anyone can help me with info about this?
    After, I will compare to see if something differ.

The recall is about this:

Toyota RECALL: Power Management ECU Resofting

The operations required for this action will take approximately 40 minutes.

Vehicles recalled for service: Toyota Prius, Toyota Prius Plus, Toyota Auris HV

The vehicles in question were not involved in Safety Recall 18SMD-088 because they were initially equipped with a software version used to control the boost converter in the intelligent power supply module (IPM) of the inverter assembly of the hybrid system. vehicle) containing improved thermal management.

Repeated driving in difficult conditions (heavy load - for example from stopping, depressing the accelerator pedal almost completely and then gradually accelerating to the end of the pedal stroke) can cause higher thermal voltage at specific transistors in the IPM, leading to damage to the transistors in time. This may cause the warning lights to illuminate and a warning message to be displayed on the instrument panel. If specific transistors fail in some way during a high load driving condition such as during sudden acceleration, there is a possibility of generating an abnormally high voltage that could exceed a certain limit in the design of the software circuit. and IPM) causing the hybrid system to stop instead of entering a safe driving mode (Failsafe mode) that provides low engine power but allows the vehicle to be driven for certain distances.
    Under this condition, the power steering and braking will not be affected.

However, a hybrid system that stops without entering a safe mode can lead to loss of motive power while driving at higher speeds, increasing the risk of an accident.

Optimization of converter transistors: the function of transistors is to increase the electrical voltage required for electric motors.

Failsafe driving mode: Failsafe driving mode allows the driver to operate the vehicle at low power for certain distances, to allow the driver to maneuver the vehicle in a safe location.

In Romania, at least 57 vehicles are targeted. The chassis series - VIN - can be found here.

2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I believe you'll get slightly poorer L/km or as we use lower MPG.

Not sure you'll see a difference through Techstream settings...

moto g(7) power ?

3. GabrielD

GabrielD Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
    We use l/100km... no problem, it's easy to convert...

I finished and I noticed only one change in calibration ID at Hybrid Control ECU.
    Here are the pictures, before and after...

I tried to open Techstream without being connected to the car but no chance, it seems I can see data saved only when I am inside car...

Attached Files: