1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Police car photo's

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Skyhook, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Skyhook

Skyhook Aussie Expat Abroad

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just thought I'd pop a photo up of a Hong Kong Police Prius, that they have a percentage of in their fleet over here. Australia where I am from, also has a small percentage of Federal Police cars, which the bottom photo depicts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would be kinda cool if other people from other countries popped a few photo's of their city's emergency service vehicles that are using the Prius also.

2. pEEf

pEEf Engineer - EV nut

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's one I spotted in Beijing:

[​IMG]

Slightly OT, but here's what they are using for the city cops, it's a crappy knock-off of a Ford Think:

[​IMG]

3. pEEf

pEEf Engineer - EV nut

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Of course in our fair city of Berkeley there are probably more Prii per capita than any other city (except maybe Toyota City!)

Here's an interesting one:

[​IMG]

4. Skyhook

Skyhook Aussie Expat Abroad

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thats really cool pEEF, the USA in general probably has the largest adoption rate of the Prius of any other nation on Earth though.

Japan would also have a large percentage of Prius being used as taxis, police cars etc also.I saw lots of Prius taxis in Kyoto and Tokyo when I was there last, that are starting to replace the Crown Comforts.

Hong Kong is starting to pick up speed, Australia is still a bit behind in this area, but since they started producing Australian made Hybrid Camry's in Melbourne, it's likely that a lot of Aus government fleets will purchase them instead of non hybrid cars, soon... Due to carbon trading regs etc

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We have them in New York City too. But I think they're all used by the Traffic Enforcement division of the Police Dept. (i.e., by traffic and parking enforcement agents, and not by regular police officers), like this one:

[IMGLINK]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ea/NYPD_Traffic_Enforcement_RMP_In_White.jpeg[/IMGLINK]

Also, you might want to check out the pics of Prius police cars in a prior thread on this topic:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-main-forum/26405-prius-police-car.html

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow re: the Beijing cop Prius. When I visited Beijing and Shanghai in September 08, I recall seeing 0 Priuses.

7. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Prius]Toyota Prius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

US Jan-Sept (in thousands)
    2010 103.3
    i think thats not only prius but hybrids in total?

8. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    California Highway Patrol has a Classic Prius, but it is an undercover car (unmarked). The majority of the black & white cars are Crown Victorias which suck down gas as if we will never run dry. :madgrin: