1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius - post 100,000 maintenance suggestions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pbratt, May 7, 2019.

1. pbratt

pbratt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Folks - I have always gotten great thoughts and suggestions from folks on this thread regarding the care of my 2008 Prius. I've had this car for 11 years now, and it is just over 100K miles, and I've followed the Toyota recommended Maintenance Schedule to the "t". I'm looking at a possible move (From the southwest to the midwest) this year, and want to do some preventive maintenance to enusre that my prius makes it another 100K in a different part of the US.

One item that I need to replace is the Hybrid Battery, which has begun to fail. I'm going to get the NewPriusBattery option, and will install it this summer. I've been hearing a bit of squeaking from the rear driver's strut, and I am wondering if I should have all the struts inspected? Anything else worth doing to make sure that I get this prius to last 20 years?

2. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes have them checked

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Has the transaxle fluid ever been changed?

Ditto for brake fluid, though I've heard that has been problematic with second gen.

4. pbratt

pbratt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I replace the ATF every 30,000 miles, so I should be set on that. I have not yet changed the brake fluid, so I'll put that on the list with the struts and shocks for inspection/replacement. Many thanks!

Mendel Leisk and bisco like this.
  5. Moses Bruh

Moses Bruh Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    How did you know or notice your hybrid battery was failing?