1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Price Gouging !!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by destro23, Jun 12, 2008.

1. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Have fun with your new Civic. It is just difficult to get a Prius this time of the year.

2. Scruge

Scruge New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Free enterprise only works when everyone plays by the same rules.

OPEC is not subject to US laws, they act as a cartel. oligopoly which is illegal in the US.

3. Prius4ever

Prius4ever New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I owned an '06 Civic before buying my Prius. I loved my Civic at the time, but honestly, there's no comparison when it comes to deciding which is the better car. Hopefully, soon there will be more Priuses for everyone.

4. SVPriusFan

SVPriusFan Hymotioned and loving it...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If I were thinking of buying now, I wouldn't be happy with the prices or the wait. Unfortunately the current situation is part of the system we have in place - capitalism/supply and demand.

I lucked out and locked in an invoice price for the Prius I bought about 5 weeks ago. If I would have waited another week or two I'd have been looking at MSRP or more. I think once the '09s become available the prices will come back down to more reasonable levels for us consumers.

Best of luck to everyone hoping to buy out there...

5. Rascal

Rascal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I did exactly what you are thinking of. I had my heart set on a Prius, but have never paid MSRP for a car. So, I took advantage of Honda's 2.9 financing to get an 08 Civic EX. The dealer was also willing to dicker on price, so I was able to come very close to what Consumer Reports listed as a target price. I will be keeping the Civic in as close to new shape as possible, then trade it in for a Prius a few months after the 2010's come out.

Not a good idea. You will pay more in trading or selling your Civic in depreciation and taxes than if you bought a new Prius now.....Plus...never buy a first generation anything. 2010 will be 1st generation vehicle and, not only will the prices be high, but it will have issues to be worked out.

6. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Actually in the scheme of things the 1960's is rather recent. I was born in the 60's and I still consider myself to be "recent". :pound: