1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius pricing for 2005 announced

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dianne, Aug 19, 2004.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I wonder if you might have a case against the dealer in small-claims court (no lawyer needed!) since you have proof of when they charged your credit card, and their slip-up cost you the rebate.

It's too bad that on this and other issues Toyota takes such a hands-off attitude toward the dealers. I'm under the impression that Honda is much more hands-on, demanding that their dealers give the customers a lot more attention. My previous car choice (Civic rather than Corolla) was almost entirely based on the way the two salesmen treated me: the Honda salesman was all service and honesty; the Toyota salesman seemed to feel he'd be doing me a big favor if he sold me a car, and even lied about the competition (telling me the Civic was carburated, when I knew it was fuel-injected.)

2. Dianne

Dianne New Member

it's the dealership

It's the fault of the dealership. If they did not get you entered in CIRS in time, it's plainly their fault. It makes sense that Toyota (the mother ship) will not step in -- it sets a crazy precedence as it was the dealerships' responsibility to do CIRS on all.

If the dealership was going to do "the right thing" then they'd cut you a check for $300 and admit their error and stop the poor feelings and bad PR possibility right away. This is in their control, and it would be the right thing to do. But, not everyone does "the right thing"... and in the dealership's eyes, you getting a car at MSRP right now when there are plenty standing in line to pay more -- well, that is their reality and giving you back 300 bucks is a hard thing for them to swallow.

Not everyone does the right thing. It's not Toyota's fault here (as a mother company) and they cannot force the dealership to do the right thing. You just chose a dealer who is making a poor choice in this respect. No one's perfect... I have made a few of my own bad choices in life too. Businesses are run by people, one at a time. I'd write their General Manager a letter and simply ask for his consideration in this matter. But, ask nicely.

3. enerjazz

enerjazz Energy+Jazz=EnerJazz

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks Dianne. I'm fuming, but I've been polite in my requests. I'll go to small claims court if I have to - it's not the money, but the principle. Heck, I'll have to take time off work and drive 150 miles to go to the court (law says you have to go to the defendants county).

The dealer messed up and they won't even do the right thing. I had previously sent them another buyer just before me. My friend on the list behind me dropped off after my experience. I actually found him a car in Marshall, TX (with no port packages).

I'm going to get the $300 back one way or another. I probably would have let it go if they hadn't also stuck me with the port package I did not want.

4. PsiNormal

PsiNormal New Member

I got my certificate in today for the rebate/refund and noticed something that I hadn't noticed when I read about it on here: It's only good through 3/31/05. What happens if by some cruel twist of fate I don't get my car by then? My dealer's been getting one car about every 3 months and hasn't gotten a pkg BC yet that I'm aware of, so it's not like I'm being overly picky or anything... just a little. :) I've been number 1 on the list for a bit now, so the next BC should be mine -- assuming they get one. But, if the next two cars aren't BC's, that will be putting me awfully close to March 31. I've already waited over 8 months, what's another 7, right? :)

5. DanH

DanH New Member

I just got of the phone with my dealer (in Greensboro, NC) a little while ago and he told me the infomation he got from his GM about package availabity. This is what he had that was to be available to him in 2005;

#2 (GY) 10%
    #5 (AI) 57%
    #8 (BG) 33% (I have in my notes 'BC' for this one, so maybe he was mistaken on either the number or letter code.)

The percentage is the allocation allotment of each they are supposed to get over the year.

This is quite the bummer to me as 1) I really think the the package formally know as #7 has the best blend of added tech and added safety/performance for the extra expense. Since I have to bump up the bottom end on this car I really wanted to go with this. And 2) I really don't think the JBL system is worth any where near the extra expense especially after reading about it's lack of audio performance.

Anyway, has anyone else across the county received different info about 2005 options in their area? It certainly seems quite limited to what CA will be getting. :(

6. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Can't be a #8, there are only 6 per Dianne and there is no BG - the old #9 (BC) is #6 in 2005 and the old #7 (AM) is #4 in 2005. 2005 GY is #1 not #2. At least the #5 AI is correct :)

7. DanH

DanH New Member

The numbers I used that he gave me are from the 2004 numbering. That is, the dealer still called them off by these numbers to me. That is part of the confusion. The one know as #8 I thought he'd said BC to me later. Maybe he said BG and I missed. (That southern slang can throw these northern tuned ears off. :wink:

8. wacko999

wacko999 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Has anybody body else other than PsiNormal gotten this latest letter yet? Since they mailed them out on the 20th, I thought that I would have mine by now.

9. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I received my letter/certificate last week.
    Maybe it's payback from a Toyota executive who vacationed in Hawaii and was upset with the "Kamaina Discounts."

10. rayben

rayben New Member

Still waiting for my letter/certificate...starting to get nervous :roll:

Ray