1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Pricing increase

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dianne, Mar 2, 2004.

1. tag

tag Senior Member

Yep, and it appears as if most of the installed options are overpriced. I noticed the mats, in particular. Also, if the "rear bumper protector" is just the applique, they've tacked on almost 100 bucks to that one.

2. CarlK

CarlK New Member

There are a number of things about the pricing on some of these cars here in the Southeast region. The trans & hndlg charge is more than most regions (not driven by the dealer). Also you will note that on a number of cars the price of the options doesn't come close to the sub-total listed. This is because many cars have "Toyoguard" (I call it scotch-guard and wax) which they don't list on the options but is in there for an additional $619. MSRP. And you probably noted the leather seats that some dealers are now adding in some fashion.
    Carl

3. steveandbarb1

steveandbarb1 New Member

I was told by an auto repair friend that has two prius's that the 2005's are going to go up in price $2,500, he was told that by a dealer he works with...

4. djc

djc Junior Member

Well, that's one way to curb demand. I'd be really surprised if that were the case, though.

--Dan.

5. eklabbers

eklabbers New Member

Hey CarlK,

How did you get that inventory listing for NC? Is it also possible to get it for other states? Where do I start?

6. CarlK

CarlK New Member

This is information that the SE Region used to make available through individual dealer sites. It's not as useful as it appears. I represents all the Prii coming into the six state region and tells you nothing about the availability. Virtually all these cars are spoken for already, which is probably why you can't get to this info from the dealer site any longer. About all it's good for is to see the volume and styles of cars currently being shipped to dealers in the region. I don't know anything about this info for other regions.

Carl

7. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Carl,

Great link, but how were you able to get it for that dealership. When I try a local one to me, I just get a message that the Prius has limited availability and it won't go beyond that point. When I try entering Raleigh as my local, I get Leith Toyota, but when I select the Prius, it asks me if I want to pre-order one. I just want to check the allocations.

Bob

8. CarlK

CarlK New Member

Unfortunately, things are not quite what they may appear to be. This "inventory" listing is a listing of all cars coming into the SE region and has no relationship to the particular dealer mentioned. Also virtually all of this inventory is already spoken for and there is no way to tell if there might be a car that is not "presold". It is no longer available from the dealer web-site and I suspect this may be because "it wasn't what it appeared to be". About all the information is good for is to see what options/colors are coming into the SE region at this time.
    If you want to continue to follow this "inventory information", the web-site you used should update when the next allocation is made, which I suspect will be around April 8.

Carl

9. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  10. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ah, how do i do that for Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose, CA????????

11. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Carl,

I'd be surprised if all of the cars weren't already spoken for. What I was hoping to do was check on the types of cars my local dealership was getting in their allocations. I'm in the Mid-Atlantic Region, so they might be handling their website differently. Thanks anyway.

Bob

12. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
  13. bookrats

bookrats New Member

14. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes - it seems that it didn't occur mid-march, but was internally announced then?

15. bookrats

bookrats New Member

That must be it -- thanks!