1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime 11.6 inch radio connector pinout

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by justice37, Mar 6, 2019.

1. justice37

justice37 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hello.
    I would like to wire out 4 signals (12V+, ACC ON, GND, Reverse gear trigger) from back side of the radio.
    I found that 11.6" radio uses 28 pin connector which has reverse trigger signal.
    However, I do not have any information about remaining three signals.

Does 11.6" radio use famous 10 pin connector for powering as well? Or does it use something different connectors?

Please help me if you have any picture of radio back side or electrical wiring diagram.
    Thank you very much!

2. abalosa

abalosa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Justice37,
    I came across this site that has the wiring diagrams for the Prius PHV. It is cardiagn.com/toyota-prius-phv-plug-in-hybrid-vechicle-zvw52l-zvw52r-em32e1e-wiring-diagrams/. PM me if this link does not show up. I used the diagrams to mod an electronic shifter that works on the Hybrid but not on the PHV. They are pretty complete.

citiprius likes this.
  3. justice37

justice37 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thank you very much! By assuming Prius PHV (EM32E1E) is same as Prius Prime Premium or Advanced, I found the answer. I can get those signals from I96 (28 pin) and I97 (10 pin) adapters.

4. abalosa

abalosa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Great! Can you let me know which pins you figure out, I'm also interested. I haven't had time to look at the details of the digram.

5. justice37

justice37 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    It is pin 2 from Toyota 28pin radio connector, and pin 3 and 4 from legacy Toyota 10 pin connector. Body chassis can be used as GND. I have ordered connectors to make modification. Once I got it, I will test on my vehicle and post with detail and pictures. I am still not 100% sure Prius Prime in U.S. market has same wire scheme as EM32E1E vehicle. This 11.6 inch radio seems very unique.