1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime 2017, charging phone inside middle console?

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Friendlyx, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Friendlyx

Friendlyx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hey everyone! Just got the prius prime 2017 and noticed the 12v outlet is outside the middle console unlike my 2015 and my 2006, is there anyway to get a cable in there to charge my phone inside the middle console? It has the wireless charging, but my phone is too big I think (Iphone 13 pro max). Thanks in advanced!

2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sure. Plug in the phone and charger. Put the phone and cable in the console. Close the lid. As long as the cable isn't massively thick, it won't pinch it. But I much prefer having my phone in a holder on the dash so I can use the maps when needed.

Salamander_King likes this.
  3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Like @jerrymildred said. You can close the console lid with the cord extending to the 12v outlet. The USB cord can easily fit under the closed console lid, although it does get pinched a bit.

I actually use a 12v outlet extender like shown below connected to the 12v outlet in front of the console and place the body of the unit inside of the console box routing the cord under the lid. The hinged side gives you a little more space to feed the cord and still latch the lid shut closed.

upload_2022-4-5_8-41-52.png

upload_2022-4-5_8-43-58.png

jerrymildred likes this.
  4. Friendlyx

Friendlyx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thank you both! Didn't know I could fit a cable but will be doing that now!

Salamander_King likes this.