1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime 2022 Grill part needed

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Optoprius Prime, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Northerner

Northerner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Somebody punched a trailer hitch into my front grill (2020 Prime Limited). He was embarrassed that it happened and owned up to it, but wanted to pay out of pocket to repair it. It looked like just a few plastic pieces so I thought that might work, but I told him I would get an estimate (at Caliber Collision). I was absolutely shocked when it came out to $2671! I remember radar calibration and refocusing was an expensive portion of it. That component worked after the accident but still needed that service once the grill was replaced. We went through his insurance company, obviously.

Gokhan likes this.
  2. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    If you go through the insurance company, it will cost half that or less because they have agreements with shops, just like the medical insurers do with hospitals.

3. Northerner

Northerner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Although I got an estimate without an insurance number, $2671 is what his company eventually paid, based on my claim info. If the insurance company paid half that, it was not visible on anything I received.

4. W204white2010

W204white2010 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My lower grille b
    Your dealership was kind to you. All the dealers around me wanted $600+ for the entire grille without labor/installation. The quote was just couple weeks ago in the month of May.

I originally bought a replacement grille for $50, thinking I saved a ton, but soon realized I bought the wrong grille without the sensor holes.

I was lucky enough to eventually source the correct grille (without the glass jaw piece) from a private junk yard owner on OfferUp for $159. I was able to put everything back together without having to do any sensor calibrations.

After selling me the grille, I also noticed the junkyard owner upped the price from $159 to $229 and it's for the grille without the sensor holes.

Attached Files: