1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime Alarm Volume

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by renoblueprius, Oct 13, 2020.

1. renoblueprius

renoblueprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I replaced my 2008 Prius with a 2021 Prius Prime and am very satisfied with the performance and features.

The Alarm for the various safety features is hard to hear while driving.

Is there any way to increase the volume of the alarms?

I searched the manuals but could find no information.

2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I forgot where I put my list of Carista modifiable settings. I don't think alarm volume was one but I could be wrong. One thing that you CAN increase in volume is the Turn Signal "clicker". Amazing. Being hearing "challenged" and wear hearing aids it made a big difference for me. Personally I don't get many alarms except for an occasional lane deviation on winding roads and certain left turn island markings where the system is tricked into thinking I'm leaving the lane when I'm not. The one real alarm I got was when the car in front of me slammed on the brakes and even though I was braking aggressively I did get the big red "BRAKE" warning in the MID with the audible alarm which I could hear just fine but that was at low speed. The Carista list is posted somewhere on this board. I let my Carista subscription lapse otherwise I'd post it here.

EDIT: I found my Carista list.

Attached Files:

#2 schja01, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    mistermojorizin likes this.