1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime cost

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by kellyka, May 28, 2018.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    @john1701a just posted a photo and now it looks baby blue under cloudy skies.

[​IMG]

Source: Prime in the wild. | Page 9 | PriusChat

kellyka and ClemsonSteve like this.
  2. ClemsonSteve

ClemsonSteve Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I found it the same here in the Greensboro and Raleigh NC areas. The Honda is $37,650 - $1000 off sticker - $7500 tax credit = $29,150. I got the Prime Advanced for $23,600 before fees, including the tax credit. That is a $5,550 difference--big money to me. Plus, the following things tip the scales more to the Prime:
    --Clarity does not come in blue. The red only has the beige interior which I dislike. The only acceptable color with a black interior is black...gorgeous color but hard to keep clean--so it's a no for me.
    --No HUD
    --Hybrid mode is not as efficient
    --Range on a tank is ~350 miles. Prime is ~600 miles
    --The 30 miles I get on one charge fits my current situation like a glove--perfect
    So, Prime wins, IMO!

benagi likes this.
  3. ClemsonSteve

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  4. nusrat

nusrat New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Those two aren't "In The Wild". They're obviously domesticated livestock. I'm sure there must be a border-collie just outside the frame.

Either that, or...

benagi likes this.
  5. kellyka

kellyka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Was Jim Coleman super pushy with buying the car before you go pick it up? They’re killing me with asking

6. ClemsonSteve

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    No, after I gave them the $500 deposit. Did you give them a deposit? I noticed they only have two blue ones left. They probably have other buyers.

7. kellyka

kellyka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, but they keep saying “oh we don’t know the incentives that’ll be here next month you should buy now”
    But I don’t neccdsarily feel comfortable and neither does my dad buying a car we haven’t seen in person. Maybe I’m ghinking about it too much but j do not know

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it is difficult, i don't know if i could do it. they really don't know what the incentives will be.

9. kellyka

kellyka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I know they don’t. The only rebate I’d imagine won’t be there is the $750 college grad, but I’m pretty sure they do that all the time.
    I can’t imagine the $3000 rebate that’s been there for months will go away, not until they sell all the 2017s haha

ClemsonSteve likes this.
  10. ClemsonSteve

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Well, I’d say if you are uncomfortable, don’t make the deal—or stop talking to them. This is normal for a car dealer to pester you—it’s in their DNA LOL. The deal with a deposit is that you have to be satisfied with the car upon inspection or no deal. If you are trading one in, they have to be satisfied with the trade sight unseen. It’s the same if you order a car. All I can say is that I had no issues whatsoever with them. They did exactly what they said, and the buying experience was the best I’ve ever had. The car was perfect—if not I would have walked away. Let me know how it turns out—when are you going to the dealership?
    Edit: Sorry—I remember you said June 9th.

#70 ClemsonSteve, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  11. kellyka

kellyka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry for being MIA, anyways things fell apart with the dealership. I asked several times for them to send me deal sheets, which took them forever, then when they finally sent it they had an incorrect price and I brought it to their attention, they didn't fix it and didn't send me another one. Communication was just terrible, and my dad and I didn't feel comfortable and we were very frustrated by the end of it, so I told them I was no longer interested. They said they were sorry and wanted to fix things and would have someone call me, which also never happened.
    So, I'm disappointed it didn't work out. But I wish they would have been better with communicating and would have done better, c'est la vie.

12. ClemsonSteve

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just spoke with Roy Morrisey, the Senior Sales Manager, and he would like for you or your Dad to call him on his cell at 301-442-3960 as soon as you can. He's standing by for your call right now. He's the one who makes it happen...I'd give them one more chance--I had no problems whatsoever.

nusrat likes this.
  13. PriusPrimeCandidate

PriusPrimeCandidate New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Any updates on incentives on 2018 new Primes from all of you in the NE or NW parts of the country?

I found a 2017 Prius Prime w/ Premium trim locally and the guy wanted $24,900. Based on searching on CarGurus, it appears I can find a 2018 Prime w/ Premium trim for about what he is asking and that is before the $4,500 tax credit ( I should be able to utilize the full credit)

Here is a link to one I really like (Edit - Cant post a link yet, but that deal is being shown by a Toyota dealer in Portland, OR):

Any help or direction provided would be appreciated!

14. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    New England incentive is now up to $2500 and Connecticut, NY/NJ is $3500 for 2018 PRIMES until 10/1. There are no Toyota incentive on 2017 models, but if a dealer have it in stock, they will probably match 2018 deal and plus. You can always check Toyota offer by going to buyatoyota.com and putting zip code of your interested area. My understanding is that if a new car, 2017 model still qualify for $4500 credit for 2018 tax return next year.

ClemsonSteve likes this.