1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime excellent vehicle with minor annoyances.

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by eluo, May 16, 2017.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    fyi, the pump only works with the slime, afaik. you need another if you want to fill the tyre with air.

HPrimeAdvanced and eluo like this.
  2. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    No disrespect to some posters, but forums like this are useless IMHO if one is only allowed to post "good things" about a car, and not be truthful about both its pluses and shortcomings. Eluo's annoyances with the car pretty much mirrored my own in a post a while back, so Eluo, you're not the only one.

1) No empty 6:00 position on the steering wheel: I commented on the same thing. It's something one can get used to, but it IS a change for anyone like myself, coming 25+ years of cars with a hole at the 6:00 position (such as on most Hondas).

2) Cubby space: Made the exact same comment. My Honda Civic had a BUNCH more cubby spaces than this. That's just a Toyota design thing, it's not like there wasn't the space, they just didn't put little cubby holes for coins and such the way Honda does. If it helps, I never have anyone sitting in the back, so I use the back armrest as the additional "cubby space"

4) Rear middle seat: Don't mind so much the missing middle seat, but the center armrest in the back is annoying for anyone (like myself) who has to constantly lay flat things down in the car (and who doesn't want them in the hatch). For my personal life, this is the biggest complaint, but of course everyone's different.

(5) Tires: I actually kept my old donut, but I never put it in the Prime because of the lack of space in the hatch (already a problem). In the end, if I ever had a flat, I'd call AAA to come anyway (I wouldn't change it by myself), so the only time it would be needed is if AAA could not take you to a place where you could get a tire. There's a chance of that happening of course, but I decided just to keep the patch kit. The donut weighs a lot, too.

Any car (especially if you've been with a different brand for many years) will have its pluses and minuses, and the Prime is no exception. Though I haven't been driving that much lately, the more I drive it the more I like it, but there's always room for improvement.

#22 stevepea, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    HPrimeAdvanced and eluo like this.
  3. eluo

eluo Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks, I didn't know that. Glad you mentioned it. I took the pump out yesterday and examined it. No way to inflate the tire without going through the slime bottle. Time to buy a pump.

4. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

just in case the link doesn't work.........

Campbell Hausfeld Cordless Rechargeable Inflator with 12-Volt Power Outlet (CC2300)

bisco likes this.
  5. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Surprisingly, mine still works...the one I bought ages ago for my 2001 Prius.

#25 john1701a, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    priuscatprimeguy likes this.