1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime map update

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by IABoy987, Oct 19, 2023.

1. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As I understand it, after 2018, the Prius information head was changed to a new brand and there is no new updated map available for my Prius anymore.:(

Was the information head in my Prime unique from ground up design including the map system so that whoever manufactured my system no longer can supply a new map card? In other words, would this manufacturer have made similar system for other non-Prius manufacturers, but their mapping card could fit my car so I could get a 2023-2024 card and get my Prius mapping current?
    Thanks

2. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have a 2017 Prius Prime and updated my map to 2022 last summer.

TGrracie likes this.
  3. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks, so how did you get the new card as my dealer said 2018 was the last update they had, or was he blowing smoke?

4. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    From Amazon. Although it says 2023, the map data is 2022.

ANSIKE 2023 Latest Maps Update 86271 0E075 Navigation Micro SD Card Navigation GPS Card Compatible with Toyota USA and Canada Map https://a.co/d/gsyo6BZ

5. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well guess this card cannot be shipped to a USA address. Amazon put up a notice about not being able to ship. Since you are in Canada I guess that was OK but USA, not so much. Well back to that clunky Garmin unit. D**n Toyota!!!:mad:

6. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's available from Amazon USA as well.

ANSIKE 2023 Latest Maps Update 86271 0E075 Navigation Micro SD Card Navigation GPS Card Compatible with Toyota USA and Canada Map https://a.co/d/6O7o6GV

Just to be certain, I entered my USA shipping address (it's common for us not being able to have items ships from the USA so I ship to a USA address just on the other side of the border. I live just over an hour from there) and I could buy from there.

7. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yep, that worked, ordered and will get next week sometime.

If that hadn't worked I was going to write that you could make money by buying these, mark them up, and add postage.

sylvaing likes this.
  8. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yep, that worked, ordered and will get next week sometime.

If that hadn't worked I was going to write that you could order these, mark them up and add postage for us USA people.:)

9. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Houston we have a problem!!
    I found where the SD card is on right side of info system as shown in navigation manual. However when I push on door nothing happens almost feels like is jammed in, no give to door. I pushed on center, left, right, front, back sides with no result.
    Any suggestions? I was thinking of gently tapping around door with a small rubber mallet, hoping the impacts might jar the latching mechanism free.
    I will also post this as a new thread for wider exposure.

10. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Houston we have a problem!!
    I found where the SD card is on right side of info system as shown in navigation manual. However when I push on door nothing happens almost feels like is jammed in, no give to door. I pushed on center, left, right, front, back sides with no result.
    Any suggestions? I was thinking of gently tapping around door with a small rubber mallet, hoping the impacts might jar the latching mechanism free.
    I will also post this as a new thread for wider exposure.

11. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Pressing on the right side of cover released the cover but the card is still stick in the holder and does not pop out.drop down.

12. popgadget

popgadget Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have a 2018 Prime advanced with the JBL audio. The display is marked E7502 in the lower right corner. The current correct update for the 2018 Prime is 86271-GN8PR-22
    The common 86271-0E075 does not work properly. It will display a map, but locks up and will not give route guidance.
    The correct update appears to only be available from Toyota. This is based on my actual experience and ultimate success.
    The Micro SD card is located in the bottom right of the display under a cover. It is very difficult to see without a mirror, the slot for it is vertical and the card pushes up into it. Yo will likely need a small screwdriver, (I used a plastic one normally used for trim pots) to push the old card up to release it, and to get the new card to latch in. You will also likely need a pair of tweezers to remove it once it is released, as it doesn’t come very far out of the slot.
    Below are pictures of the original card, the wrong card and the package from the correct card.
    I wish that there was a $20 dollar solution like wrong card, rather than the $200 that I ultimately paid.
    But I learned a lot along the way……

Attached Files:

13. mercat68

mercat68 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I ordered and just tried the ANSIKE 2023 card on my 2017 Prime Premium, 11-inch display. Got a "cannot read SD card" on start-up. Returning to Amazon this afternoon.

14. IABoy987

IABoy987 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Make sure the card is correctly oriented like was removed. Make sure the card is completely shoved all the way in and engages the locking "ledge" that keeps card from falling out. I had to use the butt end of a plastic knife to get the card far enough in that it slipped into the l"edge". It is all by feel, and guarantee to try your Army/Navy/Marine/Air Force colorful language!!:mad:

15. mercat68

mercat68 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks. I've swapped out these cards before and know the joy of getting them out and back in. It was inserted all the way and correctly oriented. It just didn't work.

Danno5060 likes this.
  16. Elfworks

Elfworks New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    2017 Prius Prime Advanced checking in.

Can confirm that this map update works for the 2017 head unit. (86271-0E075)

Amazon code # : B0CG5TDWR8
    (Could not post link.)

Got a read error on first boot, but the message disappeared before I could take a picture.

Seems to be working. No crashes yet. I have until Jan 31, 24 to return.

17. mercat68

mercat68 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks. I this the card you got?:

18. Krzysiek_KTA

Krzysiek_KTA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just gave away my 2017 Prius Prime Advanced to my son ( 81k miles) - bought the micro SD card as per above ($18.99) and it works - the only thing is when the micro SD card for NAV is re-inserted all goes back to default mode - not a big deal though.

Thanks for leads - all worked well in my case - cheers!

K

19. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's a pretty nice gift to give to your son, congrats.

20. PBM99

PBM99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for this post just updated my 2018 Prius 4 XLE with the 11.6 inch display with same card. Toyota says it is only for Prius Prime but they mad a mistake. Probably the last update they will release for that Entune system since they dropped app support in fall 23. For those that try it don't give up the first try.
    When I did it it first time and started the car display said new software found update would take a least 5 minutes I pressed OK to wait. Then in bit I got the message to that it could not read chip contact, try to reinsert card or contact dealer kept waiting for a while anyway and gave up and shut off car. Restarted car again the same message that new software found, Did not say OK, waited 6 minutes then pushed OK, Again message that it could not read chip ...., waited longer and message box appeared that said update in progress with a progress bar appeared. Message about not reading chip did not go away but when progress bar finished, ~13 minute total, screen went blank and new maps appeared.