1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime map update

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by IABoy987, Oct 19, 2023.

1. prius4-me

prius4-me Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    whoops. no problem.

#21 prius4-me, Feb 19, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
  2. mercat68

mercat68 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    So…maybe I was wrong in my previous post saying the ANSIKE card didn’t work. The car did report a card read error on first power-up, as I said. But I’m thinking now it was a functioning card and I should have just left it. I say this because I ordered another similar card from Amazon (this one), based on reviews and "A" Fakespot score. When I installed it yesterday, I got the same "cannot read SD card" pop-up on initial start-up. But this time, I checked a few map functions before removing it and things seemed to be working as expected, despite the error message.

Today, I did not get the error on power-up, and I used navigation without a problem for a couple local drives. My maps, which were dated 2017-4-1, are now dated 2022-5-1, and I am seeing local roads for new housing developments I know did not exist in 2017, so it appears to be a newer map.

I’ll report back after I’ve had more time to play with it, but thinking now that error message is just a one-time hiccup and not a real problem.

sylvaing likes this.
  3. Mark Marks

Mark Marks New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hi Sorry to break in
    I have a 2017 Prius Prime Advance
    When I go to Toyota parts check the standard monitor show the Nav SD upgrade card for about $200. However when you enter you vehicle info or Vin# it breaks down the parts list and indicates the SD is different for the 11.6" screen and far more costly- cheapest I found was $600 and as much as $900+ ? So I guess I'm asking was the standard SD totally compatible the Prius Advance 11.6" nav system. I having the SD installed this week and they quoted $200 but I concern it might screw something up. I belief it's 86271-GN8PR-23. However every Toyota part selling site indicates to use a another version at a steep price.
    Your feed back will be much appreciated . Did you search and come across the same thing? Search for 86271-GN8PR-20 or 23 and you see what I mean when you check model compatibility. See PDF I attached.
    Thanks Mark

Attached Files: