1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime - official prices paid thread

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Will_Prius16, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Primedp

Primedp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I’m after the Premium which doesn’t have a huge savings from what I see. Still looking though. So far I see that Premiums are about $3k lower.

#2561 Primedp, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. Primedp

Primedp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    $3000 in savings minus a flatbed delivery at least one grand and whatever their delivery fee is plus dealer cost I just don’t see a huge discount for out-of-state buying unless I fly there and drive it back which is a option I guess but I really don’t want to do that.

3. smyles

smyles Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    If you shop around, you can ship for $500-600. BTDT.

4. Primedp

Primedp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I know, but after speaking to a NY dealer today they outlined their dealer costs which are huge for out of state buyers, documents and processing fees etc....even with a $500 flatbed it’s still not much savings in the end.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sure, look through this thread for others who have done it, and the dealers/salespeople they worked with

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how huge? you're talking $6-8,000. off msrp. what is wisconsin offering?

7. Primedp

Primedp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    For a non-Premium version though.

8. lextoy

lextoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    in NJ i just paid 25923 on a 30930 PREMIUM. the deals are approx even across the board, as far as i could see from talking to the sales people, i was pricing an advance and i couldnt get much more than the same price ratio drop. i was going for an additional 2k discount on the advance;) or it wasnt worth it for me, i dont think the advance is worth 4k more than the premium. i would have done 2k more.
    my price of 25923 was inclusive of ALL fees and state TAX, so actually car was 23977+1439tax +507fees. so its really a 6953 discount.
    i think you would get the best deal flying in , heck fly in to trenton airport, uber over to the princeton dealer i was at,and you can quote my price, i'll email you the invoice!!! call them first if you want to ensure they are willing to do it again. there are 5 dealerships within 20 miles up there with over a dozen to chose from. NJ rebate is currently 5k. whats the toyota rebate in wisconsin?
    fed credit is 4502 (i didnt even mention that yet... when i'm done i will knock 4502, and 750 for my state, off the price, bringing it down to 20671 !!) aplane ticket might be under 200 depending if you can fly on frontier airline to trenton...its a no brainer.
    i was out of state they did my paperwork for Pennsylvania tax. not sure if they would do it for Wisconsin. but worst case you get paperwork for NJ and then show wisconsin that you already paid tax in NJ, you dont get double taxed.
    a few have already come east to snag a great deal. probably could do on the phone. talk to fritz lagua at princeton. he was easy to deal with. i just told him what i would pay based on recent sales posted at PRIUSCHAT!! and they priced it in the ballpark. very happy.

9. Primedp

Primedp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I can definitely try that, your deal sounds fantastic. I believe I checked Princeton out and they didn’t have a Gray Premium/black interior that I was looking for. As you said if not there are a ton of other dealerships nearby. My understanding was that the documents and processing fees for someone buying from out of state is much higher vs someone local.

My next concern is driving back as winter has been pretty nasty this year. NJ to WI is a haul which is why I wanted someone to flatbed it to me. That costs a pretty penny.

I just checked and Princeton has 2 Plus’s and 3 Advanced. I’ll check the other nearby dealerships for a ‘18 Premium unless Fritz can source one for me from a different dealership.

#2569 Primedp, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    shipping should be under a thousand. you can get 5k off any package in ny, or 4.5k in ma. you can then get dealers discounts up to another 3 or 4k. generally, the higher the package, the more they can discount.

i'm not making this up, i've read each of the 2,500+ posts here. people are actually doing it and detailing the process. or else they are all lying.

again, what's your best deal in wisconsin?

11. Primedp

Primedp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    So far $28,500

bisco likes this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not too bad

13. Primedp

Primedp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Plus taxes and fees.

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    right. always best to quote before them, because they vary by state, and makes it easier for everyone around the country to compare

15. Primedp

Primedp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have a trade-in that worth a very nice amount so my benefit would be to stay local because then taxes are next to nothing vs adding $1,500 approximately. I do lose out on the $5k rebate, but after the flatbed costs($600-$1k), documents and fees($1k at least) plus taxes/registration for an out of state buyer I still don’t see where I would save a ton. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Let’s look at it this way. not including the $4,502) before taxes.

Scenario 1: stay local and use my trade in to buy the Prime plus save on all of the taxes and wait for the ‘19’s to arrive or I could have my dealer order me one. (I doubt they can trade out for an ‘18 model). So far $28,500 was a quote I received.

Scenario 2: buy out of state (NJ, NY or MA) , flatbed delivery back to my home. Pay taxes in cash plus pay registration and fees at the DMV. So far a NJ dealer quoted me $24,900.

If I’m only going to save $2k approximately buying out of state isn’t worth it since I can’t fly out there and drive one back home...especially during the wintertime now.

16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed, sounds like you're better off

17. Primedp

Primedp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Am I missing something? I value the input everyone has on here and after reviewing what people are paying there’s money to be saved. But out of state buyers take the biggest hit don’t they? So far 3 dealers in the NE explained that a WI buyer would pay a huge difference in documents and dealer fees compared to a local buyer.

Even if I could fly out there. I would save the flatbed costs right? By to me at least after all things considered it’s still not a huge savings.

Here’s what the NJ dealer explained:
    $29,765.00 Sale Price
    $ 5,000.00 Rebate*
    $24,765.00 Net Price
    $ 75.00 Documentation Fee
    $ 12.50 NYS In Transit Permit
    $ 12.50 NYS Tire Fee
    $ 10.00 NYS Inspection
    $24,875.00 Payable to Dealer
    Plus taxes: $1,300-$1,500
    Plus flatbed costs: $1k for something decent on up.

This dealer wouldn’t match PriusChat. If he could that would be more appealing, but it’s getting harder and harder for me to find the Prime Premium combination that I want. Gray ext/Black int. If I do find one it’s already sold or they won’t match pricing.

18. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm not sure what the taxes are. from what i understand, if you pay the sales tax in the state of purchase, then you don't in the state of registration.

also, you're not getting any dealer discount. you need to shop around more. call the places people are getting 3-4000 off.

a premium is 30k. you should be able to find one for $22,500

19. triggerhappy007

triggerhappy007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Base
    I think the $1500 tax is saved through trade in. But if tried to sell it himself he could get $1500 to $2500 more than trade in price. But it's more work. What model, trim, and mileage, Primedp?

And $1000 for docs and fee is a ripoff. Those are shady dealers. I bought from Balise and it was around $300. Same as local in TX.

#2579 triggerhappy007, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  20. bamike

bamike Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    You're getting ripped off. The dealer should give you at least 2k discount. Call the dealers on cargurus. There are plenty of premiums in stock even in mid Atlantic region. You could also look at the Hyundai Ionic which unlike the prius has a LIFETIME battery warranty. If it fails, Hyundai will replace the battery for free.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.