1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime - official prices paid thread

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Will_Prius16, Dec 20, 2016.

1. ToddofWaco

ToddofWaco Junior Member

Is there a way to look for inventory near me? I have went to all the toyota websites in area I could think of but no one shows to have a prius prime. Anyone have an idea how I might find one in Texas? Thanks in advance.

2. GKL

GKL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    deleted, did a duplicate post by mistake

3. GKL

GKL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Check different zip codes in your area in cars.com

I just checked one zip code for Waco Texas and 100 mile radius and it listed 2 new Prime XLEs -

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action/?mdId=36273890&mkId=20088&page=1&perPage=50&rd=100&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT&sort=relevance&stkTypId=28880&zc=76708

4. GSK

GSK Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    cargurus.com

Sl2020 and pghyndman like this.
  5. Prime_Time

Prime_Time Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Anyone recently purchased in CA, specifically Southern California? Trying to see what OTD prices are nowadays on the various models.

6. Jen L

Jen L New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    -2020 Prius Prime Blizzard Pearl XLE
    -MSRP $29,500... with added color and delivery fees $31,313
    -Toyota rebate with BofA Financing (2.99 60 months)
    -Total out the door with zero down $31,100 (includes 8.75% tax)
    -Current monthly payment is $512/month
    -Longo Toyota 10-07-2019

Called around to a bunch of places that gave over the phone quotes then switched things up later. Found someone easy to deal with at over the phone at Longo. As long as they had what I liked at a decent price I would buy no questions.

bisco likes this.
  7. Daisy81

Daisy81 New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    We purchased ours in November of 2020 in Texas for MSRP. I don't believe there where any incentives that month. However we did trade in my previous vehicle and got $16,000 off the purchase price. So I added on maintenance and a extended warranty service contract for about $5000 if I recall and rolled the remaining $11,000 into the loan as a down payment.

bisco likes this.
  8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats to you both!

november of 2020?(n)

Daisy81, motch6 and SFO like this.
  9. Daisy81

Daisy81 New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    omg lol :ROFLMAO: I got a 2020 in November of 2019.

motch6 and bisco like this.
  10. CarlB

CarlB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    (post deleted.)

#3770 CarlB, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    bisco likes this.
  11. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y) (but this is the official prices paid thread)

12. CarlB

CarlB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Can delete my post if best.

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not at all. if you don't want to post what you paid, that's understandable

14. Richard Cox

Richard Cox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Just bought a Prime XLE. It is replacing my 2017 Nissan Leaf

-Model/color: Prime XLE Blue Magnetism with Black interior
    -Msrp: $30864
    -Incentives: $2000 Toyota Rebate + $3264 negotiated reduction with dealer
    -Selling price before: $25600
    -Out the door price: $27,221.94 (MD tax of 5% was low since it had a trade)
    -Dealer location Owings Mill Maryland

motch6, pghyndman and utsug like this.
  15. motch6

motch6 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Whoa! Man... how did you talk them down $3200? I can't get mine to budge but down to their suggested Invoice price... I said, ok but should be lower and they said, well that's what Toyota suggest we sell it at!

Also, there is essentially NO Incentives out here in UTAH. it sucks.

So, I'm looking at a Limited and the MSRP on it is $35,289 and their Invoice on it is $34,472 and they won't go below that! In fact, most the dealers in my area are saying the same thing. I wonder if they get a raw deal from Toyota here?? I'd like to get it down to around $33k, but they aren't budging.

16. Richard Cox

Richard Cox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    We have many (maybe 12 more more) Toyota dealerships in the area. Before I went to dealerships I looked over some YouTubes of car buying and negotiating to get a sense of realistic mark-up and hold backs that dealerships are involved with. I decided that I should reasonably be able to start my negotiations at least 14% below MSPR plus any manufacture cash or rebate. So I actually started at 24500 for the car.

The dealers seemed to gladly come near my starting figure until I mentioned that I wanted top dollar for my Leaf. Then they pulled back. So I then focused on the net cost with trade and pay-off of the trade. In my case the Leaf was leased so I had to roll in the residual pay-off which brought me up to the the 27221.

I visited three dealerships. The first one we ended discussions with a $3500 difference--their net total versus mine. The second, I walked in, said here is my offer, this is what one of your competitors offered and can you do better? The second brought the difference down to $2400. The third got their number to within $700 of mine and since I was starting to hear about weaknesses in the used Leaf market I decided to bite.

I may have been able to do better if I timed my dealer visits closer to the end of the month.

I would say no matter what market you're in now, you should comfortably be able to start negotiations knocking at least 10% off the MSPR then subtracting the manufacturer cash back. Start close to the end of the month and don't feel uncomfortable by standing your ground and leaving. Give the dealer a few days and they will likely call you to ask what they can do to earn your business.

The other factor that definitely is a positive for the buyer is the slump in car sales over-all due to the pandemic. I got the impression from each of these dealers that sales are WAY down.

Good luck with your purchase

SFO and motch6 like this.
  17. motch6

motch6 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Thanks for the info! We have about 7 dealerships in my radius, but very LOW stock of the PRIME's, sadly. So, they have used that as their ammo. Basically stating there isn't much of a market here for them and that the price on their Invoice is all they can do. They even went as far as saying Toyota is stating we should sell it for this "..."

Sadly I just noticed that Toyota took ALL of the incentives away from our Region for the PRIME's. (So, no cash incentives, but in the past it was only $750).

I told them I wanted the LIMITED edition and would pay $33k for it and they were like "Um no, we can't do that"

The MSRP on it is $35,538. I was sitting there, really? its that bad huh? No wiggle room. I've never had this dealership nor the others around me be that tough.

I had similar situation with your Trade-in Idea... I told them about the same thing, Top Dollar, and maybe that's why they balked at my figures. (I'm trading in a 2018 Toyota Highlander HYBRID Limited Platinum, LOW mileage, perfect condition) Its worth $39k if sell it on my own, but they want to only give $35k. Which, wasn't horrible, especially since the SALES Tax will transfer over to the new car in my state, so I avoid those costs.

Anyway, We will see. They are having a hard time trying to find the one i want here anyway. They are trying to Intercept one coming in from Japan right now, slated to go to another dealership. (so far no luck as they say the two they called on were reserved).

bisco likes this.
  18. socal8383

socal8383 New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi all, looking to buy a 2020 Prime LE.

I’m in Southern California, but willing to travel to any California dealership for the right deal.

There is a Toyota $1500 rebate - anyone know an appropriate/approximate dealer discount I should target on top the Toyota rebate?

Thanks very much!

19. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    from what i have been reading, with the virus, they should be paying you to take a car off of their lot.

email around and see what they have to offer.

check in with @DianneWhitmire

all the best!(y)

jmarkd7 and socal8383 like this.
  20. motch6

motch6 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited

My recent experience is that they don’t like to deal with the Primes as they are rare. But I was able to get one of the dealers in my area to h guy go about $500 below their Invoice amount... and their invoice amount was $1000 less than MSRP.

California May get you better deals... as posted earlier in this thread it depends on where you live but you can try around 10-15 percent below MSRP as a starting point. Good luck!

I just picked up my Limited on Friday!

socal8383 likes this.