1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime - official prices paid thread

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Will_Prius16, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Opt1mus

Opt1mus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Close enough. Page 198, post #3955 ;)

Salamander_King likes this.
  2. Kimberly19

Kimberly19 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    the dealer I contacted uses KBB quotes for trade in value. As long as they don’t see anything different than the condition reported by me, to get the quote. Mine came in at $23,649. Supposedly, they’re offering $$ over the quotes, but I’ll see.
    If I can get this to an even or almost even exchange, the $4500 tax credit next year is ‘profit’. I’d just stick it on the car loan at tax time.

3. Opt1mus

Opt1mus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Finally, got car last night. I bought car on 6/30/2021 (End of Month, End of 2nd quarter).
    Delay due to updating RMV and Insurance. :mad::LOL:

Model/color: 2021 Prius Prime Limited / MIDNIGHT BLACK METAL
    MSRP: $35,319
    Options Included: Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo Mat, Alloy Wheel Locks
    Incentives: $5500 Toyota
    Dealer Discount: $803 + installed Illuminated Door Sills (this was deal breaker. Go home if I didn't get it. :ROFLMAO: )
    Selling price before TTL: $29,016
    OTD price: $31,500
    OTD included TTL/FEES $504 and MA Tax (6.25%) $1845

My goal was to do a $0 net purchase.
    So, $31,500 - $26,000 (Carvana) = $5500
    With $4500 Tax Rebate and $1500 MA Rebate, I made a few pretty pennies! :)

Thanks again to all contributors on this thread and forum.
    I have learned so much here dating back to:

Page 56, Post #1116
    Page 199, Post # 3953

Here she is:
    2021_Prime_Limited.jpg

-Opt1mus Prime: "Autobots, roll out!"

4. Opt1mus

Opt1mus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    $23,649 is pretty darn good! I couldn't get anywhere close and likely would've trade-in if I got that number for lower tax purposes as previously posted. Although, I sold to to Carvana for $26K, I paid north of $1800 for MA tax. Good thing is Toyota extended incentive to August 2. I would still get a Carvana quote, present to dealer and tell them they can have your used car on their lot as CPO inventory as everyone is hurting for inventory. This tactic did not work for me but may work for you because of high trade in. Best of luck with profit ... I think you can!

Kimberly19 likes this.
  5. Kimberly19

Kimberly19 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    CPO?

6. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. Wasn't looking for Ltd. I actually like LE with cloth seats and a small display better. And with 2021 LE, I could have used AA projection... But with Ltd, I am going to have the screen turned off most of the time. Yeah, $5K more out of pocket. I just hope I can get $5K more than LE when I sell it.

pghyndman likes this.
  7. Kimberly19

Kimberly19 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    So the rep they assigned to me either didn’t know his stuff, or he was purposely trying to talk in circles. I’d ask about a fee breakdown and he conflated other items that had nothing to do with the fee I’d asked about.
    Added some $995 delivery and shipping fee - I get there’s a shipping fee but it’s usually half that. the doc fee of $400 was on top of that.
    and some whack ‘Zurich’ fee which was a non optional cleaning service program for spills in the car.
    The supposed ‘we offer more than KBB’ was bogus. They kept me waiting while each question I asked had to be relayed to someone else because my guy didn’t know.

what should’ve been a close to even deal was now $3k something in their favor. inflated ‘estimated’ title and registration fees, like 3x what I know they are.
    and no one knew about Uber after I’d emailed and the manager of the place confirmed they have it, via email.
    Supposedly they’ll look into it and call me tomorrow.
    I’ll be asking to deal with someone else. I’m direct and know what I want. If they cant budge on anything then I’m not the one they’ll sell to. They said they couldn’t remove anything, even that crazy ‘Zurich’ cleaning fee.
    guy even tried to tell me their handling fees are higher because the car came in from Japan. seriously?
    waste of 2 hours today. Plus they made me wait.

8. DukeofPrime

DukeofPrime Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    They are trying to wear you down. The old "let me talk to my manager". This is part of their technique to get you to give in and take their fees.

Stay strong, and don't be afraid to walk away (assuming you don't really need a new car right now). If you really do need a new car, sometimes you need to step back and swallow some inflated fees. It may still be a decent deal even with some bogus fees. On the other hand, if they're too annoying keep shopping as the games may never end... especially if you point out their bad behavior and they do not change.

Opt1mus and Kimberly19 like this.
  9. Kimberly19

Kimberly19 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have a car to trade in. This was just to see if it was worth it to upgrade with the rebate.

They were annoying.

10. dtsexpert

dtsexpert Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    If you wanna to trade in, IMO this is the right time.
    We are in unique situation that the used car is at peak pricing due to the chip shortage.
    In other word you get the max to sell your car and best rebate/incentives with the Prime.
    Just ignore their annoyance. If the number make sense to you, do it!!

Kimberly19 and Opt1mus like this.
  11. Colorado Boo

Colorado Boo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    My 2021 Prius AWD finally arrive from Aichi, Japan! I remembered folks here asking for what we paid so I got a picture of the tag: 2021 Toyota Prius LE AWD-e Hybrid. Wind Chill Pearl outside color and inside has the lighter two-tone Moonstone fabric. MSRP: $27,135. They added $425 for special color and $259 for carpet/cargo cloth mats so $28,814. I didn't buy anything extra except for the winter rubber mats and window tinting and clear bra. ($555 for all that.) Toyota did give me a $1,500 rebate because I went with the 60-month financing and got a 2.5% rate from a local credit union.
    Comparing it to my wife's 2017 Prius there not a whole lot...no navigation (LE model) and no big screen. But does have the new pull-down rear cargo cover and it doesn't have a spare like my wif'es car, has the "fix-a-flat" So i'll be buying a cheap spare tire because she's my commuter car to work. (40 miles one way) She does has the blind spot warning and smart lane assist and cruise control so that's great. It has Apple Car Play so I need to get my songs onto my iPhone. It has a new "SOS" button on the top near the interior lights so I guess that's Toyota's version of "OnStar" for emergencies...got a free trial subscription to that which I won't keep. Sirrus Satellite radio on it, unlike the other Prius, which has a free subscription so will be playing with that and probably signing up afterwards.
    SO weird driving a car with "4" on the odometer!! Those LED lights are SWEET at night!

12. Colorado Boo

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Oh I did see rubber rear bumper protectors (for that paint exposed right next to our trunks) on Amazon for $62 on Amazon so bought a couple for our cars....so dumb of Toyota for having easily scratched paint right there where you move stuff in and out of the cargo area.

road2cycle likes this.
  13. Colorado Boo

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Here's my attempt to upload a pic of her, my wife named her "Pearl"

Attached Files:

Raytheeagle likes this.
  14. Colorado Boo

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    I just noticed this is the Prius Plug-in area...my apologies!!

MTN likes this.
  15. Opt1mus

Opt1mus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Certified Pre Own. :)

Kimberly19 likes this.
  16. Kimberly19

Kimberly19 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    how can I see where a car is located without checking every dealer ? there used to be a site besides the buy a Toyota site.

17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did you ever get the prime listed in your vehicle data?

18. Colorado Boo

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Thanks, Bisco...I think I fixed it!!

19. pghyndman

pghyndman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model: