1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime - official prices paid thread

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Will_Prius16, Dec 20, 2016.

1. MTN

MTN Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    FYI, all those who were hoping that by purchasing prior to 10/1, you're guaranteed the full $4502 credit, or $2251 if bought after...

If the Inflation Reduction Act passes and is signed into law prior to your purchase - you're SOL. Unless you have a Binding Agreement (not an order/deposit).
    So is the US federal tax credit going away? | Page 2 | Toyota RAV4 Forums

google IRA and binding agreement/contract - you'll see that fast-acting EV manufacturers (Rivian/Lucid) are trying to ensure their customers qualify. Toyota is not known to be fast acting. The House could pass the bill as early as Friday, Biden signing it on Saturday. Still up in the air, but a giant F Y I

dtsexpert likes this.
  2. Compdunz

Compdunz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sounds so complicated. I am sure Toyota is not very happy.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the only thing that makes corporations happy is profits and taxpayer assistance

Ming C likes this.
  4. Ming C

Ming C Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Just got off phone with my local dealer that sells the most Toyotas in my local area...they said midwest gets lot less Prime allocations than the coasts. My local dealer has a wait list of 7 ppl for a Prime and they said they get about maybe 1-2 Primes per year...so the wait is closer to 2 years at this rate. Incredible.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    many people fly to new york and drive home

Ming C likes this.
  6. Ming C

Ming C Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Yeah. I defnitely would but the only issue is right when my Prime is supposed to be potentially delivered to the VT dealer...it'll be right when my wife gives birth to our first born so....lol...might have to cough up the pain to get it transported. Otherwise if it's really delayed...like into 2023...it may actually not be so bad and I can fly in to get it brought back. I might trailer it myself (rent a truck and a trailer....cover the entire body in protective tape) back.

I was just watching a youtuber whos a Toyota mast tech (The Car Care Nut) and he says that for brand new cars during the break-in period (first 1000 miles or so), you should avoid running the engine at a constant speed for a long time...aka, long road trips is not recommended for a brand new car. So that doesn't seem optimal. Though I'm sure MANY people do road trip after picking up a brand spanking new car alot of the time...

bisco likes this.
  7. MTN

MTN Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Don't believe everything you watch on YouTube or read on the internet.

That guy knows a lot, but also lacks a lot. He advocates for early oil changes on new cars, yet there's no data to show any difference in wear. Toyota hybrids vary the RPM under normal driving, thanks to the CVT style transmission. That makes them perfectly fine for a road trip home when brand new. If the road is super flat, you can vary the speed to help ensure RPMs aren't static.

triggerhappy007 and Ming C like this.
  8. BigBert

BigBert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I am afraid the tax credit changes and continued low supply will quickly lead to the death of the prime. It was great while it lasted, but the game is over for Toyota “primes”.

Few will pay MSRP with no tax credit….

MTN and pghyndman like this.
  9. pghyndman

pghyndman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yep. Three years in a row for us, three new Primes with up to $5k back from Mfg/dealer, and over $5k from federal and state incentives = trade up to new models almost at zero cost. Those were the glory days!

Now to see what BEV deals will spring up... we're looking to replace our tow vehicle. :)

10. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I put a deposit down to reserve Silverado EV.

11. Dennis_MA

Dennis_MA Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I picked up my BMW i4 EV a couple of weeks ago. Comes with two years free level 3 charging for up to 30 minutes per day. Just made it for the Federal Tax credit which is going away for BMWs soon. Sold my Prime to CarGurus for much more than I paid for it.

dtsexpert, bisco and pghyndman like this.
  12. ct prius dedicated

ct prius dedicated Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    so not really. However I just heard there is a magnetic gray available. That is one of the colors I don't like. Do I take it in hopes that I'll qualify for the 4500 even though I won't have ownership until after sep 30?

bisco likes this.
  13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i took a beige prius in 2004, i wanted one so bad. 14 month wait, and someone else cancelled when they saw it.
    i realized afterward, you're mostly inside looking out, and everything about prius other than color is so exciting!

14. ct prius dedicated

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Meaning....you don't notice the outside color much anyway so just take what you can get????

bisco likes this.
  15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i did in that instance. but in 08 and 12, i got to choose. in the end, i don't think much of toyotas colors, but being able to pick is always better.
    tbh, i'm much more concerned with the vehicle itself than the color, or wheels or whatever. except i will not buy a car with a black interior.:p

it's an individual choice that only you can make.

16. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Biden just signed the new Inflation Reduction Act into law. My understanding is that with this new law taking effect immediately, Toyota's EV credit is now totally gone since none of Toyota's vehicles are no longer eligible. The only way you can claim the credit on the PP is if you have "signed" a written binding purchase contract before today. If you can show the purchase contract preceded the enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act, then even if the car has not been delivered, you can claim the credit under the previous tax code.

President Biden Signs Inflation Reduction Act

ccna101 and MTN like this.
  17. ct prius dedicated

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    SOOO that's why the dealership had me come in and sign a contract this weekend? That means that when my number comes up I'll get the measley 2250(since it won't be in before the end of September).

Salamander_King likes this.
  18. manncura

manncura Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Put an order in for a 22 Prime LE first week of June. Showed up at dealer last week, I picked it up last Wednesday. 29,678$ before tax/reg. Sold at MSRP w/ the apparently mandatory optional (lol) locking lugnuts and mats....and just realized they never installed the locking lugnuts??. weird. --- Was crossing fingers it would arrive before Sept,,,I had read in April that Toyota was going to hit the 200,000, it was just a matter of what quarter it happened in, so knew it was going to start reducing sometime in the fall. ---

pghyndman likes this.
  19. ct prius dedicated

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Lucky you! I put in my order on June 6th...still waiting. Wondering if another mysterious person will pop ahead of me as I was supposedly next before the last car came in (oh sorry, we made a mistake . you aren't next and oh by the way there's yet another person ahead of you).

20. manncura

manncura Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Fingers crossed for ya. I will say that once you know it can come quick. I wasn't expecting until Sept/Oct, hadn't heard anything since I placed order, they emailed it was in port in California and they had no idea when they would get it, 4 days later, boom on the dealer lot to pickup....i was shocked.