1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Prime - official prices paid thread

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Will_Prius16, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Tony Zenmaster

Tony Zenmaster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Just got an even lower quote this morning from Melody Toyota, in the bay area. $30,477. I think if one negotiates well, you can get a prime advanced trim below $30K (before TTL) here in CA.

Good luck everyone. Hope you guys get an even better deal than I did.

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  2. MarcBenjamin

MarcBenjamin Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

Nah, most of those are just bait quotes to get you on their lots. Once you actually get to the dealerships, the cars will have the not optional add on's built in like those darn $899 alloy wheel's added on.

3. Tony Zenmaster

Tony Zenmaster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I agree, a percentage of the quotes I received wouldn't surprise me as being bait quotes. Most dealerships were professional and would tell me they didn't have the specific color combo on their lot. I was lucky to have a good working relationship at Toyota Of Orange and my rep threw in the floor mats and didn't pull any dealer shenanigans like putting in alarm systems and alloy wheels.

This was definitely a great opportunity and learning experience interacting with 50 dealerships. Learned a lot.

4. DigitalSteel

DigitalSteel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Was just down at A1 Toyota in New Haven, CT with my leased 2015 Rav4 for an oil change. I don't do a ton of driving and only had 9,300 miles on it with 8 months to go on the lease. Was paying $352 per month for the lease on it. They offered me to trade it in early while I was there. I had originally been planning on trading over to a Prius Prime when my lease was up, but they got me into a 2017 Premium model for $438 per month, zero down. Sticker price was $29,984, and if I choose to keep it at the end of the lease the buy out would be about $14,000

bwilson4web likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many months, just the final 8 of your existing lease?

6. cleverchimp

cleverchimp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I went to Claremont Toyota because I was curious and the sales stated the prime is MSRP plus2 and wont even budge (really? Its end of OCtober you know..). I told him NO ONE buying car at MSRP and he said NOT FOR PRIME. I'm also curious why a lot of people here paying close to MSRP? Why not wait next year and go for 30K Nissan Leaf? Thats's pure electric (meaning less maintenance, no gas to spent and some AI for driving the car).

I'm starting to wearing off my interest of the Prime at that price, I cant justify spending more then 24K on the premium (MSRP 30K)

kenoarto likes this.
  7. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    @clever,
    I would try Longo Toyota, Lizette Vega, web sales. I paid sticker minus $1000 Toyota Factory Rebate, $3500 California Incentive, and currently, $4502 Federal Tax rebate. Schools First Credit Union currently offers 1.95% interest on long-term financing with decent credit; no down required!! It ain't free, but this car is totally reliable,fun to drive, economical, with NO range anxiety like a Leaf, Tesla, or Bolt. It's really about the cool car, not the price!! Good luck!

8. cleverchimp

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thanks for the tip, definitely I wont be back to Cleremont Toyota in the future for anything. Will try Longo next, I thought CA incentive is $1500? Hopefully they up the factory rebate for November, I have no use for the fed tax as I have enough deductions already.

And why 2018 hasnt been announced? I'm thinking there will be enough change (apple car play, more range) to have prospective buyer thinking of snatching 2017 model.

9. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I got low income California Incentive which is currently $3500. Don't hold your breath on 2018 changes, I'm sure that with the Federal government's Massive Instability, Toyota has difficult decisions to make on marketing!

10. ct89

ct89 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Be careful. Deductions and credits are very different things. There are other threads covering this so let's not rehash it here but do make sure your tax situation is such that you cannot take advantage of a credit.

11. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    @ct89 is so right: a deduction is used to calculate your taxes, while a credit is subtracted from the taxes you owe.

12. cleverchimp

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thanks for the info, will check with my CPA. I just checked for the rebate you mentioned, there are standard ($1500) plus increased rebate ($2000).

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    toyota has increased the cali rebate to $2,000.?

14. cleverchimp

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    No, CA state does for increased rebate. Toyota still doing 1000 on Prime, lets hope that change in November. Rav4 Hybrid have $3k factory cash back.

bisco likes this.
  15. DigitalSteel

DigitalSteel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I traded my Rav4 in with 8 months left on its lease. The lease on the new Prius Prime was for 36 months at up to 10,000 miles per year

bisco likes this.
  16. MarcBenjamin

MarcBenjamin Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    lol I'm just a little over 60 days @ 4500 miles already!

17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    so you'll pay $15,200. over 3 years, and an option to buy for 14k = 29k. seems like a good deal!

18. PNWbiker

PNWbiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    So I shopped for a month, reading these posts and contacting dealers, contemplating buying in a state with an awesome rebate and driving it home to Oregon. In the end I feel like I got a good deal, not as smokin' as the New England folks are getting and not quite as good as I found at Sunnyvale Toyota in California. But I got 0.9% APR for 60 months financing. I just didn't want to deal with the hassle of flying out to pick up the car and driving it home, or hiring a trucking company to bring it here to potentially save a thousand or so bucks. So I found the only Blue Magnetism Advanced in a 300 mile radius of my home and bought it. I couldn't find any outside financing under 2.2% even with my excellent credit, and I didn't want to pay cash, so I didn't back down on getting the 0.9% APR financing from Toyota, that was a must-have.
    I LOVE my new car! SO glad I went with Advanced. I had the opportunity to rent the Plus from a local dealer (Capitol Toyota in Salem, Oregon), and it is a nice car, and if I really wanted to save money, I would probably have been fine with the Plus or the Premium, but the Advanced is SOOOOO nice! And Blue Magnetism is gorgeous! No regrets.

-Model/color - Prius Prime Advanced in Blue Magnetism, black interior
    -MSRP (this is sticker price) - $33494 (includes all weather floor and cargo mats, nitrogen in the tires, 3M door guard strips and the door handle indent protector - the Prime I rented had 8K miles on it and already had significant scratches in the door handle "cup" so I am glad i got this)
    -Incentives (specify if Toyota rebate or dealer markdown) - 0.9% APR Toyota financing for 60 months (the only incentives in Oregon are $1K cash back or 0.9% APR for 60 months - getting my own financing would have cost more than $1k over the life of the loan)
    -Selling price before TTL - $32900 (after some mild back and forth negotiation - nothing too aggressive)
    -Out the door price (after TTL/fees, specify tax %) $33587 (no sales tax in Oregon)
    -Dealer location - Portland Oregon Area

#718 PNWbiker, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    Spector, bisco and MarcBenjamin like this.
  19. PNWbiker

PNWbiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Tried to edit my original post but I find I can't edit yesterday's post and I can't delete something once I post it...
    MSRP was $34243 NOT $33494

#719 PNWbiker, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  20. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)